Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 9 November 2022

Mid-week already, these weeks fly by

Wednesday 9th November 2022
Everything is hard before it is easy.



Well, it turns out, being poorly, not swimming, resting up and generally trying to get through last week feeling rubbish didn't do me any favours on the scales - I gained 2lb.   The struggle is real!

Joking aside, I thought I'd maintain but it is what it is, I'm still not 100% so I won't go swimming this week until I'm right because I don't want to get a chill again.

On a positive, I'm not drinking red wine every night so that's not just going to help me save calories, it's saving me money (which I need right now), plus I'm hoping once I stop the damn coughing, it'll make my sleep better too - we shall see.  I did sleep better last night I think, and the coughing wasn't quite as bad either - YAY!

If I start one of our new journals today, it will take me up to 21st December, that's an option to help focus me, I have to track Aryn's food in a book, so why not mine as well.

Positives from yesterday, I got my Happy Owls water bottle back out and filled it, then drunk it!  I'm aware of the fact I'm not drinking enough water since the temperature dropped but I know it's good for me, plus it helps to stop me coughing. 

I also went to bed before 8 to stop me being tempted by the kitchen, if I'd stayed up I would've just watched tele and be tempted by food in the fridge, but no sooner had I got in bed than I was falling asleep, himself called me at 9.15 and woke me up so I was tired and I slept till half five this morning. 

Here's to focusing on the positives, that 2lb will go and I will continue to eat as healthy as I can afford to do, I did order more pasta from ZENB yesterday because it's go so much fibre in, Aryn can eat a bowl of it and get 17g in one meal, I also managed to get it to give me the WELCOME40 offer which gave me 40% off, it's not cheap see, so 40% off is a good offer and I've bought plenty to keep us going for a few months.  He had pesto pasta yesterday, but I can make a pasta bake with it next week, I need to get a list of high fibre meals for him, so he has some choice, there's nothing worse that repetition in meals!  I need to think of a couple of good rice meals using brown rice, I'll have a play on pinterest later.

Right, I need another cuppa, then a shower, my new favourite item of clothing is a pair of fluffy socks, that together with my fluffy zip up blanket hoodie is saving me putting the heating on. 

Here's to a great day, see some of you this morning at Wimborne Road, then I think I need to catch up on a bit of housework now I'm starting to feel better - boo! 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x


No comments: