Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 24 November 2022

Grrr to life's frustrations

Wednesday 24th November 2022
Don't let a bad yesterday ruin today.


After what started as a good day yesterday, excellent huddle, I came home and made Aryn's breakfast, then gave him the paperwork to get signed by his teacher, all was good.   He came back with it all sorted, so I made sure it was all packaged up to send to Ireland quickly, went over the post office to be given the news that Special Delivery wasn't being taken because of the strikes until December 5th - gutted!  She helped me with suggesting a courier, so that was my next task.  Whilst we were out I wanted some of these for Aryn from Tesco because he likes them and they're high in fibre, thanks to Elle for seeing them and giving us on to try.  But as we weren't having a successful day, they had none left - gutted!

I hadn't got time to drive to the bigger Tesco because I'd got potatoes in the oven!  Next I've got himself on the phone saying 'where are you', because he's home now and we're not, 'shall I meet you in the pub', I was driving, got Aryn trying to check for couriers on his phone, don't worry I've got handsfree in car, so I just want him off phone, I must have agreed but I'm sure I said I had to sort the dinner first.  But hey lol who cares, I didn't meet him in the pub because my spuds took so long to cook, they were okay but not worth that length of time they took to cook Slow Roasted Greek Lemon Potatoes - Sprinkles and Sprouts I'd do something similar but without all lemon, just a nice chicken stock.  I also didn't meet him because it was peeing down, I was hungry and so was Aryn, I'd rather drink my own red wine. etc, etc etc.  Well that didn't go down well when I messaged him to say dinner was ready but if he was enjoying his Guinness it would microwave when he came home, oops 'so you're not coming to the pub'.  The rest of the night was a very, very quiet one!  

We're okay now lol, but boy, working locally isn't the same as working away from home, he can just go to the pub for a few at night, I've got a teenage boy that needs feeding before I do anything plus I've got to go to work today, he hasn't because he's finished the job he was hired to do - lucky man.

I had lamb chops with them potatoes and green beans, oh my days it was an epic meal, nothing low calorie about any of it and I forgot the photo because I was too busy savagely inhaling it having waited 90 minutes for the spuds, they'd been in 70 minutes when I realised I hadn't put the carrots and onions in the oven yet, so they took half hour, yeah it wasn't a cooking lesson to share with Aryn at all!

Sorted the courier, £13, they'll pick it up today for a 2 day delivery, so I have a feeling it won't get there till Monday, then we've got to get his mom to sign it again and get it sent to the passport people.  I doubt it'll be ready before Christmas now, which has spoilt one of my planned gifts for him.  I know in the big scheme of life at the moment, it doesn't matter but it just feels a little bit like things are trying to spoil what I wanted to be a wonderful Christmas and it's annoying the shit out of me!  This Christmas was /is really important to me and I know I'm being over emotional about it all and I don't care, I will not hold my emotions in anymore, I had to do it for years when mom was poorly to help me cope.  These days if I want to get upset and have a cry - that's exactly what I'll do!  I went and had a shower last night and had my cry in private, it's how I get my frustrations out. 

One good thing is I've checked the Stena website and it does say a birth certificate is adequate for under 17s, so I'll make sure I have that printed out to prove that.  I can also show them the passport tracking on the internet.

Oh I forgot to say, another reason I was emotional was because the court order we've waiting for has had to be returned because it's wrong and doesn't have on it what was agreed, so again delaying things.  I still won't feel okay with going to Ireland without a copy of that in our hands!  Because of this we haven't booked the tickets for the ferry yet. 

Anyway, now I've stressed you out by sharing my stresses lol, I feel better for getting it out of my head.  I'm going to go make some food and another cuppa, I know it's going to be a good day because that first mug of tea was epic!  

Have a better day than I had yesterday, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: