Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 28 November 2022

A year goes so quickly, and things change so much!

Monday 26th November 2022
Be thankful for everything you have.

A year ago today, we were just getting off the Ferry in Ireland, it was the first time I was to meet Aryn, it was a couple of days away from his birthday, we never expected to be bringing him home with us, but when he asked if he could come to live with us, we didn't hesitate for a second and I've never regretted it once.  Friday we finally got the custody court order confirming all that had been agreed in the court case and it was a huge relief.  

Saturday after a wonderful morning at the huddle, we drove to Birmingham (trains on strike!) to go to Haidilao Hot Pot restaurant, Aryn's choice of birthday meal.  Well, it took us longer to park than it did to actually drive to Birmingham, craziness, I had to modify the booking because we wouldn't have made it in time, but it was all good in the end.

He chose Haidilao because we went back in April and we loved the experience and he wanted to share it with his dad, who I knew wouldn't be so taken by it, but hey it's Aryn's birthday!  We found the place completely by accident, it's just outside the train station and Bullring next door to the golf place and when we went first time, we just knew it had noodles which was Aryn's thing at the time!  

 

I can't believe the difference that six months has made, not just to his appearance but his confidence and personality, he's just gone from strength to strength, and it's been a pleasure to be a part of his life. 

He was the expert this time, showing his dad the salad and sauces bar, how to use the hotpots, killing it with the chopsticks and jeez the heat of two of those soups is ridiculous but he just necks it, his poor dads backside Sunday morning, he said he's never had a curry have that effect on him lol.

He'd already had a laptop in the summer so knew he wasn't getting loads for his birthday, he actually said when asked what he wanted, 'I've already had my birthday present haven't I and my Christmas present too because I had the cats', he's a good kid!  Anyway, his dad wanted to get him a watch, so we gave him that on Saturday too, he loved it, played with it all the way home in the car.  

We went and had a few drinks in the pub then enjoyed a night in front of the tele, which is where we spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and enjoying a calm life.  When we were out and chatting, himself said being at home this week working locally had made him realise how much he actually likes being home and working away isn't so much fun anymore - WHO KNEW! 

I can't believe Christmas is now under a month away, we've booked our ferry tickets for Ireland, we'll buy our food when we get there so there's not much for me to do now, my Christmas decorations and trees there so I can't put it up until Christmas week!  I'm being sensible because I don't want to start January in debt, so not going to be going crazy on the gifts this year, there's nothing any of us need or desperately want, we'll plan a nice holiday next year and save for that.

Well, I'm watching the final of I'm a celebrity as I type, I'm a bit miffed that himself put the tele on when we got up and he always puts SKY news on, which hasn't bloody mentioned I'm a celeb since it started but it told me who came 3rd then showed me the front of the papers which made it obvious who won - grrr.  

He's gone off for the week now, I'm going to go swimming then spend the morning giving this house a good clean and tidy, as always, I have loads of washing, that basket never seem to be empty for longer than half hour!  

Here's to a great day, I'm not even gonna think about the scales tomorrow, I enjoyed celebrating too much to care.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed reading this, this morning. Life sounds humble, warm and good, which is no less than you and your little family deserve xx May your Christmas be filled with love in abundance and lots of great memorabilia xx