Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 6 December 2023

WInner winner, plus a chicken dinner....

Wednesday 6th December 2023 



I was right, the huddles got my mood back on track yesterday, my mood improved massively, I was still grumpy but with a smile on my face if that makes any sense at all.  

Food wise we had the cheesy mash from the day before with Aldi fish burger that had been in the freezer forever, I'm guessing a year easily - they were fine.  I cooked the veggies a little different to try and get Aryn to enjoy them more, dry fried a bit of chorizo and after steaming the kale a little I fried it with the chorizo so it picked up the oil from it then threw in the cooked green beans at the end and fried it all up together.  He did comment asking if I'd cooked them differently because he liked them a lot, so that's a win. 


The day got better when I won a £25 voucher to the tapas restaurant in Featherstone.  

  

I was thrilled as I've wanted to return to UK Pintoresco Facebook since the first time we went, himself wasn't with us that time which is why I want to go back and they made the best meatball sauce I've ever had in my life!  I'd love to get there this weekend, we shall see as we have lots of driving around to do.

I did overreact and throw my toys out of the pram on the afternoon over the toilet and no toilet roll upstairs, I mean apparently they must be really heavy as no one else ever seems to be able to carry a roll upstairs!  Me dramatic - NEVER!

I wasn't hungry when I got back from work so I had a slice of bread and a packet of crisps and I was happy with that.

I'm thinking about hiding out somewhere today....  Aryn's still off school and I'm missing having a bit of quiet time to myself at lunchtime, I don't normally come home and cook that early but I am doing because he's here, so I might go hide out with my book somewhere or go to the McArthurGlen outlet as I've been trying to get there for a browse round for a while, a little bit of escapism.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan, it's as close to running away as I'm going to get!

I forgot to take the beef mince out the freezer last night so I've taken it out this morning, it'll do for tomorrow.  I fancy a chicken dinner with veggies and gravy, mmm yeah, will pick on up when I'm out.

I'm gonna have a look through the recipe cards from gousto and hello fresh meals and see if there's anything I can cook by getting the ingredients for it from the shops.

Right let's have a great day whatever I decide to do, I've had good sleep, almost 8 hours, I've woken up feeling good and I'm ready to get my mojo back, take some control back, let's be honest if we eat better, we feel better straight away don't we!  

Here's to eating and feeling better!

Mwah, luv ya


Love me x

















No comments: