Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 19 December 2023

Christmas isn't the main thing on my mind!

Tuesday 19th December 2023

The slow puncture was thankfully repairable, it was a screw in there!  A tenner is better than a new tyre!

I'm surrounded by double glazing, it was dropped off last night do too dark to be messing about putting some in the motor home, I'e prayed all night that the cats didn't knock it over, of course they're being extra mischievous and putting my nerves on edge!

We did all our running about yesterday, B&Q followed by IKEA and we made the mistake of having an IKEA breakfast, wasn't impressed, the sausages were the only thing on the plate that was hot.  

Dinner time we had the leftover lamb with pitta bread and salad and I really enjoyed the salad side, who knew how much I could like carrot and pepper sticks. 
 

I had a text from my gp surgery yesterday saying "your recent cholesterol blood test indicated that you would benefit from following a cholesterol lowering diet.  Please see the attached factsheet to help you with this journey thank you.  

Of course, I wanted to know what my results were, so I walked over to ask, luckily my GP is over the road, I can see it from my window.  The receptionist asked if I wanted a printout (of course I did) and she told me that my triglycerides had gone from 0.4 to 1.1 since April.   These are the results. 


Now with the help of the internet, those numbers are okay (if you know different, let me know).  I don't know if my triglycerides could have risen that much this month because I've been overindulging with Christmas niceness?!  Anyway regardless its just another reason to take control of my health and lose some weight in the new year.  

My other blood tests were good, my liver function is sound - who would've thought it ay!



Again if you read anything else into those results because you know your stuff, feel free to get in touch :) 

 I am seriously ready to make changes though, even to the point that I'm contemplating leaving my wine at home.  I'll still have a drink over Christmas, I have 3 bottles of champagne but if I don't take my own red wine, I won't drink any red wine at all because I won't be able to get it there! 

My boys will have a choice, they can get on board and eat healthy foods with me, i.e. less red meat, processed meats and more fish and wholegrains, or we'll have to eat different meals some of the time.  I'm not cutting it all out of course, we shall still take the beef joint that's in my freezer with us, but when I make that cottage pie, I'll try using soya mince.

I was awake in the night feeling sick and that's what I'm eating, combined with my weight.  I could make out its the paint fumes from the weekend but it isn't.  My snoring hasn't been made any better by the fumes but I already snore because of my weight and my wine, I believe anyway, he snores too but I can sleep regardless, mine keeps him awake. 


I'm not down on myself, I've just swallowed a reality pill!  Depending how you look at it, it's crap timing with us going away for a fortnight or it's brilliant because I'll have a fortnight to take care of me, to use the time to create healthy meals using food you can buy from Lidls!  I'm opting for the latter.

Aryn didn't eat at all yesterday, he's a poorly boy, spent the day in bed, so we will all benefit from being healthy.

Right, I'm gonna go shower and get ready for work.  I've got a couple of ideas for food today, there's some pork belly the boys can have, I'm fancying tinned salmon with something, maybe I could do mash with both and veggies, perfect.  I'm gonna get some soya mince and make a cottage pie of some sort, maybe sliced potatoes on top instead of mash.  We'll see, I've got my positive head on now., reminding myself of one of my favourite sayings...  

If you don't like where you are - MOVE - you're not a tree! 

Mwah, luv ya


Love me xx

No comments: