Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 23 December 2023

It's all coming together...

Saturday 23rd December 2023



WOW, it's Christmas Eve, Eve and we haven't been food shopping yet, I'm not stressing over it though, we'll eat what we can get if it comes to it.  We were just too busy yesterday to care!  It looked like yesterday was the only dry day forecast so he wanted to get the two living room windows done and fair play to him, he did because that poor man is not well at all!  

I've left him in bed to try and sleep but his coughing woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep so it's half six in the morning and all is quiet.  

Back to yesterday, whilst he got the windows done, I cleaned up the sofa we'd bought with us, it had some green mold on it from being stored since the summer, thankfully with a bit of effort and some white vinegar, it seems to have worked.  I them emptied the kitchen cupboards and gave them a thorough clean, well most of them, I'll do the rest today or tomorrow, I've got enough clean ones for the food we buy and plates and pots and pans etc.  Once he'd finished the windows I had to set about cleaning up the living room.  We were going to paint in here but it will wait, he needs to rest and the fumes from the paint would not help at all.  It'll all wait won't it, I can feel it coming together a bit at a time, I've put the curtains up we bought with us and the rug down, the sofa's been bought in and my chair he bought back last time and it's all cosy.



  
The windows are in but I've pulled curtains cos they need cleaning!  Not doing that yet :)


Can I just say if you live in the countryside and you have a clean floor, you don't really LIVE in the countryside, it's impossible to keep it clean, especially if you have a coal fire.  I don't want a show home, I want a comfortable, cosy, cleanish house that we can enjoy living in.  He'll never stop pottering about doing stuff and I'll always be making a mess in the kitchen cooking something and that to me sounds like a perfect life.  I really can finally visualise us retiring here, it's so quiet, I love it.

Once we finally got done what we could, we could barely walk we were so stiff, we're not in our 20's anymore, we forget don't we that our bodies don't want to play these silly games anymore and scream stop and seize up :)  We all showered and got cleaned up and went out for a meal for his dads birthday.  Lovely night and this is how I know he's really poorly because he didn't want to stay out drinking all night with them, he came home with us about half ten and went straight to bed, bless him.

The meal was lovely, I had chicken, bacon and ham vol-u-vent starter and honey roasted duck for main, no room for dessert but I did finish it off with an Irish coffee.  If I can get my internet to work, I'll share photos and post this blog at some point but at the moment, that's not happening - the joys of living in the middle of nowhere, although I've been told that they've just had fibre put in so we can get that fitted for next time we come back.

  

  


The pub we ate at has a train in the restaurant, as you do!  Yep a full size pub, it used to be a train museum, then became a pub, then closed down and it recently reopened and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the food, a lovely evening all round. 

I give up for now, I can't get Facebook to connect at all!  Instead I'm gonna go make a cuppa an maybe tidy the kitchen a little or decorate the tree, I need to be quiet so as not to wake anyone.

------

It's now 2.30 in the afternoon, I'm once again on my own in the living room, but now I've decorated my tree, blue and white/silver theme this year, been and done food shop too - enough to last us till Wednesday anyways and had a tidy up in the living room.  Himself is quite poorly, he didn't come shopping with us, I've got him cough medicine and sweets and he's took himself back to bed I'm glad to say because he seriously needs to rest!

      


Aryn's gone walking with his mom and her dogs, he's been gone a while so getting some exercise at least, actually I think they were going to visit her partners parents, I wasn't really listening when his dad asked as I was putting food away.

The kitchens a bit of a mess but it's gonna have to wait, I'm in pain and need to rest for a bit, wonder if I can find something to watch whilst I have control of the remote! 

Yeah I'm gonna do that, here's to a merry Christmas, I've just poured wine.  We were supposed to go into Athlone to see his mom today and apparently he still needs to get a few things (translated means he didn't get me all the things he thought he'd be able to get a McArthurGlen on Monday gone lol, I don't really mind because I've only bought him a few things, not gone mad this year at all.  If he's a bit better, we'll try tomorrow, otherwise it'll all wait, I'd rather have him well.

Here's hoping you're having a great day.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx




No comments: