Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 7 December 2023

Busy day ahead...

Thursday 7th December 2023


Being a grown up sucks doesn't it sometimes, paying the bills, having to think before you spend do all the other adulting stuff but it's better than the alternative isn't it!  

I had a lovely day yesterday, after our huddle, I took myself off to the McArtherGlen outlet to treat myself and I was so pleased I got me a bargain, I really wanted a big, warm, long padded coat but I didn't want to spend a crazy amount, a) because I don't like to and b) because I can't afford too so I was thrilled when I went in Joules and there was one on the sale rail, exactly like I wanted, slightly bigger than I probably needed but hey it means I can wear big sweatshirts underneath if needed :) reduced from £169 to £49 bargain!  Showerproof too - bonus!  The other thing I wanted was a big baggy cardigan and I found one of them in TK Maxx for £25.  

I've fancied a burger for weeks now, I looked at the Five Guys at the outlet but I wasn't paying over a tenner for a cheeseburger - behave!  Next door to TK Maxx is a Burger King and when I looked on the app it was Whopper Wednesday, £1.99 for a Whopper so I treated myself to one of them, no fries or drink as I was going home straight after so could have a cuppa when I got home and there's water in the car :) It was amazing, hands down the best burger I've had in a long time and I've always been a Maccy's girl but I'd think twice in future and I think BK would win! 601 calories so defo a treat meal!


a thing of beauty!

Yeah getting away from it all for a few hours made a big difference for sure to my mood but I also started a period again which could explain my mood too maybe!  I've gone 11 days in-between this time so it's getting longer, but still rubbish to say I hadn't had one for a few years before starting the HRT patches. 

I spent the rest of the afternoon cooking, made a pot of beef mince 'thing' put in canned tomatoes, diced carrots, onions, chorizo, sun dried tomatoes, 5 fresh tomatoes (they needed using), green beans, stock cubes, Henderson's sauce, basically everything I wanted using up to add some flavour but we still agreed it needed something, it was a bit bland so I suggested a bit of chilli sauce (I'm a wuss with chilli but I was prepared to be brave, that or they can eat it and I'll have something else!)  Aryn has a Chilli Sauce advent calendar so he suggested we use some of that, the first sachet didn't do much but the second one WOW, I made the mistake of tasting a bit from the sachet then he did and then we drank milk, but it made the mince taste good.  There's plenty for tea tonight and I'll freeze the rest in sachets for Aryn to have when I'm not here. 

I also treated us to a M&S Rotisserie chicken I adore these chickens, £9, I usually only have them when they're in a meal deal but I really fancied a chicken dinner and they are amazing, it didn't disappoint.  


I went full on greedy at teatime, good job I didn't have any breakfast ay, but the parsnips are great at the moment, lots of veggies (carrots, kale, cauliflower, green beans), potatoes and yorkies, it was so good. 


I was asleep by half past seven which is a good thing because the crazy cats were throwing themselves up my wall at 4am.  I managed 8,975 steps which is good for me, especially as I'm not in loads of pain from doing it, I didn't have to sit down once whilst shopping which is great, I even managed to stand to have a chat with a lovely lady I haven't seen in years, it was so good to see her, proper made my day, some people just shine and bring joy to the world and she is one of those people. 

Yesterday was a good day and today will be another good day because I will make it so, I am doing my best to eat well, I know we've got a healthy dinner planned, will have it with spaghetti, well I think it's a pack of linguine I have in the cupboard that needs using it was use by November but it won't know I'm a week late will it!  

Can you believe we are already 7 days into December, that's gone so fast and we know the next few weeks will go quickly too.  Here's to making the most of them...

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me 




No comments: