Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 22 December 2023

Quite the journey...

Friday 22nd December 2023

I'm sat looking at a Christmas tree that needs decorating, so much to do today!  We left home Wednesday afternoon, it wasn't long before I realised I'd forgot my coat, doh, thankfully there is an old scruffy on here that I'd left last year, just wouldn't go walking around the town in it.  It was windy on the way to the ferry, thankfully the ferry was okay despite being half hour late leaving which meant we hit Ireland in a full on wind weather warning storm.  That was quite the drive in a motorhome full of double glazing and a sofa, he handled it well though and we arrived at the house just after 3.30 am.  Sadly the heating hadn't kicked in so we walked into a cold home, we soon built a coal fire and for the third Christmas running yesterday we had a visit from the plumber to look at the boiler - all fixed again :) 

Next Aryn disappears to his room and calls his dad, there's a dead bird on the floor, it's obviously come down his chimney at some point, so we disposed of that.  Then he comes back in living room and says, 'do we have clean bedding?' I ask what's the matter with it, 'it's cold', I'm thinking of course it's cold, but then he add's 'it's white', deep sigh, of course it needs changing so 'welcome to Ireland', I've spent the past 24 hours doing the washing just in a different country :) 

We got ourselves just shy of 4 hours sleep before nipping into town for a bit of food for breakfast and coal for the fire, they've sold out!  We manage to find some elsewhere, get our bread and milk, makings of a breakfast - we forget the eggs, but I grab a turkey just in case they sell out by the time we go to do our Christmas food shop, which we're doing this morning.

We then spent a few hours, emptying the motorhome of double glazing and all our stuff, that took a lot longer and a hell of a lot more effort to do than to type it!  He's really poorly but just keeps going, which just means it'll take him longer to get better.

We didn't seem to stop yesterday and at 5 when we finally did, he went to fetch us a Chinese takeaway as we have no food, the boiler man arrived as he was out, then his dad and the neighbours so dinner wasn't a sit down together affair :)  

Today I need to clear out the motorhome and change and wash the bedding in there, I'm really enjoying my laundry holiday so far!  This is because tonight we're off out for a meal for his dads birthday and we might have his siblings sleeping over which means we'll be in the van!  

I'm gonna decorate my tree in a bit I think, then we'll go food shopping, then we'll be out for dinner later.  Could've done with an extra day before today but it is what it is and we'll enjoy the rush of it all I'm sure, I also wished he was feeling better, poor love is very poorly and I'm waiting for Aryn and I to catch it.

I know once the tree is up and we go shopping, I'll feel more Christmassy, I'm waiting for him to take a window out, then it'll feel like winter for sure!  

Wish me luck :) 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x

 

No comments: