Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 13 December 2023

Nutracheck app re-opened!

Wednesday 13th December 2023

Good morning, how's your world?  Mine was a little crazy yesterday rushing round getting stuff done but it's done now so I can breathe!

I need to pull my neck in and get back to tracking from today, I gained 1.5lb yesterday so I want to take back control or I'm gonna regret it come January, if I can have a week at least being mindful, that will help a little.  

Having said that, we had this for lunch yesterday, it was delicious thought, 337 calories per 100g, it's a 350g bag, I reckon if we made our own pitta versions with the salad, it would easily make 3 and it tasted as good as the chippy version.  £4 a packet or part of the 3 for £10 offer in Iceland, now don't get me wrong, you shouldn't be eating this stuff every day but as a treat, definitely cheaper than chip shop!
 

This was the salad we had with it, £1.15 from Tesco (£1.25 from the Tesco garage) but there was plenty for the two of us.  It was ideal as we're not eating much salad so there was no waste, having said that it reminded me I actually like salad and it's not too cold to eat it!


This was our treat dinner, I'd already took it out the freezer before getting weighed!  It was an M&S meal for two which was reduced last week and I'd frozen. 

  



If you have half of the entire box, it's 1092 calories, I didn't have the naan bread or onion bhaji's, I'm not a fan and Aryn destroyed those so mine came to 811 calories, again a damn sight cheaper to buy and lower in calories than a takeaway, took 25 minutes in the oven but can be microwaved.

I found 3 Celebrations in the cupboard which cost 129 calories, it's these little bits that add up without you realising over the next few weeks, thankfully they're gone now and I won't be buying any more!  

Let's just say at 2734 calories, I completely blew my budget yesterday so there's definitely room for improvement!  Tracking will help me realise what I'm doing, rather than my 'ignorance is bliss' attitude that's made me gain weight 2 weeks on the trot now!  It needs to stop!

Oh but one thing that hasn't been helping - but I'm not using it as an excuse - is my kitchen scales, turns out they've been weighing stuff wrong!  I weighed the naan bread last night because I thought they were good for 75g, when I put them on my scales they came up as 36g & 42g, which confused me.  I got a bag of sugar out of the cupboard to check that, what should have been 1kg showed as 756g, they're not weighing correctly!  If you have electric scales, check them regularly with something you know the weight of because mine are obviously broken! 

What to eat today?  The fridge is quite sparse, the freezers not much healthier to be honest, I know there's a chicken gyros thing we could have.  I have bread rolls left 146 calories each, I could have fish finger cobs with them for lunch, I've just checked the freezer, it really is empty on healthy food, there's 2 frozen fish cakes we could have with packet mash, I haven't even got frozen beans for Aryn, I need to go shopping!  I found two chicken breasts, I could defrost them and do something with pasta tomorrow with them - yeah I'll do that, that's one meal.  Gonna nip to Lidl's after huddle for a bit of fresh and to check out what they've got, give me some idea of what we can get over Christmas as Lidl's is the local shop in Ireland. 

Then when I get home, I'm gonna get the iron out and iron stuff and get my bag packed, stuff I won't need this week, cos we've got the painters in Friday/Saturday so I won't be able to be up and down the stairs!

Yeah let's get lots done today!  Hope you're day is good too. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx










No comments: