Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 26 July 2022

Temptation everywhere!

Tuesday 26th July 2022
Be the energy you want to attract.


Oh my word, how damn hard is it, temptation is everywhere!  I love eating, what can I say, I can eat a lot too, there's so much choice and niceness out there in the world and we're supposed to resist all the time - ARGHHHHHH!

So yesterday we went to the zoo and what a wonderful day we had, I would definitely recommend Dudley Zoo for a reasonable day out with the kids, the beauty is once you're inside there's only so much money you can spend which is always a good thing and you can easily spend hours walking around the animals, you get a serious workout too on those hills! 

My favourite was Benji the orangutan, what a character, I could've sat and watched him for a good long while, but there was so much to see and a very excitable young lady who had so much energy, my legs are reminding me of this fact this morning!

 These are the smiles of two very relieved ladies!  We'd been convinced to go up on those chair lifts (which I hated as a child and I still do) and when we got to the top we agreed we didn't want to go back down on them but the kids did.  Thankfully the train was there as we got off so we told them we'd all go down on the train and they could go up and down on the chairs again on their own.  I was up for walking down that damn him rather than get back on those chairs, I tell ya!


The kids had a go on the fair, I did end up in a dodgem right at the end to use up to tokens we'd bought, I have to say, young Georgia is a daredevil, she took that steering wheel from me and did everything she could to take out Aryn ;) 

We both go fleeced in the gift shop, always to be expected!  Then there was food, Elle had made us a packed lunch which I was grateful for, so I had a ham sandwich and some pineapple.  For breakfast I'd made omelette which was delicious and I enjoyed it with bread and real butter.


So what did I have to resist?  Well, firstly there was slushies, they're nice, then ice lollies half way round, candy floss and ice cream on the way out, but the toughest was the McDonalds drive through finishing the day off with a treat for the kids.  Thankfully I resisted temptation, made easier because Elle was in the car as I reminder, I do actually want to lose some weight and I'm not going to do it if I keep thinking 'sod it'.  We've got 6 weeks of temptation ahead of us, so I need to get a grip!

When I got home I enjoyed this, and I did really enjoy it, the only naughty thing I did off camera was ate the rest of the potatoes in the microwave pack that I'd bought reduced when I went over Coop for a packet of parsley sauce.  They cost me 155 calories extra and then there was the slice of bread and butter I had with them another 193 calories.  

This meal was still just shy of 500 calories, don't be fooled by salad and veggies, they add up too. 
NO SUCH THING AS FREE OR ZERO FOOD, it all has calories and they all count.

See temptation everywhere!  Butter is there because we bought it back from Wales, once it's eaten I've got the low fat stuff in the fridge which I can resist a great deal easier.  I won't be buying THICK 50/50 bread again, it's 104 calories a slice, I bought it for Aryn hoping it being thicker would get more fibre in him, the medium one is only 68 calories, quite a difference.

I shall mostly be spending the rest of the week trying to get a grip of my eating, getting my emotional eating under control, resisting temptation, not being led astray, I know when I start losing weight again, it'll get easier and I'll feel loads better for it.  

Wish me luck!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: