Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 15 July 2022

Burger King oops

Friday 15th July 2022
A smile is like looking in a mirror. If you give a smile you're likely to get one back!



Well I went over on my calories yesterday but focusing on the good, it's all tracked and Aryn and I made another memory and enjoyed our evening watching a couple of episodes of Stranger Things eating popcorn like we were at the cinema.  He's not a sun/heat fan so sitting in a dark cool room is more his thing.  We also had a Burger King on the way home, I've not had one for over a decade, I didn't think I liked them, he's not been to one in England nor had one for years but we both really enjoyed it.  They're more expensive than Mcdonald's but the kid ate the lot, the fries were delicious!  

I only went over by the amount of calories I saved yesterday so fingers crossed come tomorrow morning when I have my first official weigh in since my holiday, I haven't done too much damage.  

My other meals had been good choices too, I had crunchy nut cornflakes for breakfast, they don't fill me up though, so I doubt I'll have them again.  Lunch was a tuna and beetroot sandwich, then the burger blew the bank!

I did do half hour weeding in the garden though, so a few calories burned, my back didn't enjoy it though, but I will have another go today up the back garden, I have Mares Tail (Horseweed) growing everywhere, it's come under the fence from next door as their garden hadn't been done for years when they bought it and it's on their 'to do' list.  Nightmare weed, the roots can apparently be 7 foot long, I think it'll just be a keep it down rather than kill it weed now.

Cos you're interested in my weeds aren't you NOT!

It's gonna be a bloomin hot weekend apparently, not sure what we'll be doing if anything because of Aryn hating this weather, is there anywhere local that you can got paddling or swimming outdoors?  I'm happy to just chill out at home to be honest, we've got 6 weeks to fill coming up haven't we.  

Right I want another cuppa, I'm going to attempt to make home made version of McDonalds double sausage and egg mcmuffin this morning for Aryns breakfast, see if it works out cheaper, only any good if he'll eat it though.  The muffins were 20p each, eggs 13p each, sausage patty 37.5p and he'll have two so 75p, total cost = £1.08 compared to £2.89 at Maccys but he always has a meal so that's £4.49 which includes a hash brown and a diet coke or orange juice, I have both in the house 35p for a can of pop, 30p for orange juice, hash browns work out at a guess at 10p each say.  About £1.50 for the meal then, but you do have to cook it so the energy costs, when you think about it, you're still gonna be saving over 50% on it and he couldd live without the hash brown.  I might have to have one to see what it takes like in comparison, 525 calories compared to 551 from Maccys, if I have only 1 patty that would save 146 calories.  

Right I need a cuppa, take my mind off food this early in the morning, not sure what we're eating the rest of the day, we talked about Ramen noodles earlier in the week so I think I'll get the belly draft out the freezer and say we're having it, end of!

Have a great day, 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x


No comments: