Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 April 2022

Slim down for Summer!

Tuesday 20th April 2022
Self care is the best care.


Well I've just had the best Easter break in our motorhome by the seaside with my my ready made family, the only down side to it is the weight I've started regaining!  1.5lb went on yesterday which took me back up over the stone and I won't lie I was gutted, I'd been doing so well losing a little here and there, then Alfie passed away in November and I've steadily gained a little here and there since.  I'm still almost a stone lighter than I was but it was 22lb but it's okay, I've had a great time and I'm ready to sort it out.  

Elle and I had already had a chat last Tuesday and I'd said after Easter I was ready to do something about it and yesterday I started.  Day one in the bag but oh my, it isn't easy when you've got into bad habits again is it - I craved carbs all afternoon, plus I've got that used to eating this way, that I've forgotten what I used to eat when I was being healthier.  I'm looking forward to remembering though because I don't want to have to spend my next weekend away pulling my tshirt away from my belly to try and hide my spare type! 

I have been having some fun though, enjoying life and indulging but the thing is I know I can still do these things and not gain weight just by tweaking some of the meals we eat.  I cooked all weekend so I was in control of the menu, I have the power to make something delicious and healthy and lower in calories.  

I'm planning on emptying the freezer so yesterday I spent a tenner in Tesco on salad, eggs, milk and veggies to add to what I have already.  Yesterday, I ended my day on 1337 calories which I was pleased with as I hadn't really planned at all, I will be doing going forward.  My meals were beans on toast, no spread for breakfast, lunch was trout, roast pepper, tomato, courgette with a little lettuce, grated carrot and cucumber.  Then for tea, the lovely Sam had bought me some asparagus because it was reduced and she knows I like it, I had it with egg and chips and it was delicious. 

 
 

I even cleaned out the fridge in anticipation of it being filled with food that's going to help me lose those pounds. 


I did partake in my red wine, getting a call from himself telling me the skylight above the front bed of the motorhome had blown out wasn't the best but as I said to him, it can be replaced and you can't expect teenage boys to think for themselves, he didn't leave it open on purpose, it was an accident. Having spoken to him, he remembers closing it Sunday night so maybe it didn't fasten properly or it was broken, who knows!  Hopefully I can get a second hand replacement and if not we'll have to search out and buy a new one, the joys of owning a motorhome I guess. 

Mmm, so what am I going to eat today, I've defrosted the Sainsburys pizza that was in the freezer, it's 439 calories so I'll have that with some salad later.  I've got another bunch of asparagus to have, I might sprinkle some parmesan on it and roast, parmesan is only 21 calories for a tablespoon.  

Right now though, I need a cuppa, ah I just realised I didn't track my milk in my cuppas yesterday, so that's took my total up to 1385 calories, I have skimmed milk and had 3 mugs. 



Yeah I'm ready to slim down for Summer and Elle is ready to continue her slim down (she's been doing well), of course we're both here to help all our members on their journey, we've even put in place an offer to encourage them to embrace the challenge. 


Here's to a great day for all of us xx

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx


No comments: