Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 26 April 2022

A walk, a takeaway & a whole lot of fuel!

Tuesday 26th April 2022
Believe in yourself, you got this. 


If walking up a big hill makes you want one thing - it's a drink of water!  Me and the lad went for a walk again yesterday afternoon, back to the Wrekin but this time we walked further round the side before choosing a steep path I thought was bringing us up the back way but we hadn't gone that far round, we were walking up the side and came out short of the top so still had to walk a bit further.  

The bluebells in the woods below were glorious and when he spotted a deer on the way down, well that just made my day, I then spotted two more, so they were a family by the looks of it, so lovely. 

Just a glorious sight. 

Now I'd had quite the morning, done all my jobs, been back to Ikea and Dunelm for the stuff to make another headboard for the van, had a healthy brunch of scrambled eggs on toast with stir fried mushrooms, peppers, spinach, chorizo, then I threw in the last bit of salad I'd chopped in a tub and it was delicious for 387 calories. 

Then we decided to go for a walk and I went to fill up with fuel but because I was distracted, it was so busy so I parked the other side to where I usually would and was more concerned about whether the hose would stretch, next I realised it was pay at pump only which threw me again because it doesn't take my cashback card so I had to use my credit card, once I'd filled it with £80 - yep crazy prizes, we were stuck behind a car who was doing her weekly shop I think, I'd pulled forward so the chap behind me could fill his car up and we're sitting patiently when I hear a thump.  Then a few more and I say, 'is that the car making that noise', so I turn the volume down and yeah its the car and I just know immediately what I've done, I've put petrol in a diesel car!  Deep sigh!

I move the car to a space on the car park and ring himself expecting him to shout, he didn't he laughed saying 'you'll only do it once', he then correctly guessed my Greenflag wouldn't cover it so I ended up with Fuel Fixer coming out and it was a very expensive mistake, the cars driving, well it was yesterday, we got to the Wrekin and back okay, I'm just hoping it starts again this morning. 

It didn't ruin our day though, I was just pleased he wanted to go for another walk because I really want him to want to walk with his dad and myself regularly as it's what we enjoy doing. 

The conversation on the way down was what he could have for his tea, he was staving!   I agreed he could have takeaway pizza, but we ended up stopping at a garage for a meal deal as soon as we passed one because he was 'starving', seriously, I've not seen him eat that fast since he first came to stay with us lol.  

I am obviously being 'good', trying to lose some weight but because it's been recommended so often I decided to have some chicken wings (I love a wing) Manos grill & Pizza (Wolverhampton) - Pizza, Grill in Wolverhampton (manosgrillpizza.com) 



I tracked it all, weighed the fries and this plate, there's 5 wings on the plate and it worked out at  1223 calories!


 Thankfully, I only ate 3 of them, I'd asked for lemon and herb chicken which I always thought was a very mild chicken flavouring but these were stinging my lips!  Don't get me wrong I enjoy a curry as much as the next person but I didn't want stinging lips, I wanted lemon chicken. so I saved some calories, my meal cost me 963 calories because I've just remembered I had a McDonalds sweet and sour dip with the chips.  

See I did leave them lol; 


My day ended on 1739 calories, just 51 shy of my daily allowance, but walking earned me 741 calories which will hopefully help the weight loss.  I think my app is set for me to lose 1lb a week, I like my food too much to aim for 2lb a week! 

Back to work today, looking forward to seeing everyone, at least I can walk down the hill to Stubby Lane if the car won't start!  But first to dry my hair and get dressed (I have a dressing gown on, don't worry I'm not tying naked!) just finishing my coffee which is my second cuppa of the morning, breakfast has become a mug of tea followed by a mug of coffee and I'm not hungry till lunchtime.  I'm not saying that's the 'right' way to eat but as we say in our huddles YOU ARE THE EXPERT and you choose the way you lose your weight and what your version of healthy is.

Okay let's get this day started, 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me 


No comments: