Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 28 April 2022

Oh deer! Oh dear!

Thursday 28th April 2022
Stress less, smile more 


Quick, short one this morning as I leave earlier for work.  Yesterday was a very good day even if I did end my day on 162 calories over my target!  I did however burn 779 calories walking Ercall wood, we were out walking for almost 2 hours.  It was a lovely walk, we saw an entire herd of deer at the edge of the golf course, just a wonderful sight, I get ever so excited and I'm noticing the more I do, the more he's starting to buy into my excitement rather than do the teenage thing where he takes the mickey :) 

We then decided to eat out even though we can't afford it, we went to Ego at Tumbledown farm and they do a Prix Fixe Menu, which is 2 courses for £16.95, of course we decided on steak and that has a supplement that takes the price up!  I'm loving that the calories are on things, I'm not loving how high things are in those calories though, I ordered garlic mushrooms, I hadn't really read it obviously, was just looking at the calories because I thought they'd be in breadcrumbs and fried, which I would expect to be 531 calories but when they came they were Sautéed field & wild mushrooms with garlic, lemon & parsley cream with toasted white bloomer - this info was only written on the main part of the menu and I hadn't looked.  Don't get me wrong it was tasty, but worth that many calories - nah, I could've had a Big Mac for that and when I was sitting at home later, it was a big mac I'd wished I'd had.  I'd had a pizza from M&S for lunch earlier which was 420 calories and delicious, so it really does pay to look at the calories first. 


Now the steak came with a peppercorn sauce which neither of us are keen on so we were given the option of garlic butter - Oh my days, look at that metal pot of heart attack gear lol, I didn't eat it don't worry, I did have a taste and it was just garlic in melted butter, there had to be at least 300 calories just in that dish.  The menu said 200g Sirloin Frites, Peppercorn Sauce 936 kcal but I'd say way more if swapping the sauce, these are things that we need to remember when eating out.  I had a bit of ketchup instead with it, the chips were lush, the steak okay, some of it chewy which when I order a steak rare I don't expect.  I've only ever been once to Ego before, many years ago and the menu, prices or food wouldn't make me want to rush back, the service was excellent though.


This was the pizza from M&S, I almost forgot to photograph it I was straight in there, it was delicious.  I think it said it shouldn't be frozen too, but I had and defrosted it thoroughly and it cooked absolutely okay.

Of course I had been to work yesterday morning and I'm looking forward to a busy day ahead, that'll help me stay on track because I won't have much spare time to be eating or thinking about eating.  I need to drink more water, I noticed this morning I'm a little dehydrated and I can't even blame the wine because I didn't have any yesterday.  I did go for a NHS health check, she took 3 vials of blood - ouch, I'm such a wuss when she sticks that needle in my arm but I was brave right until she took the third one out when she couldn't find her cotton wool and I'm sat there saying just pull it out lol. 

Okay, I need to go, I have verbal diarrhoea don't I, it's a good job Elle knows how to shut me up in huddles ;) 

Let's make Thursday tremendous.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me 



No comments: