Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 18 April 2014

Over halfway through my 21 day challenge!



18th April 2014
Saying yes to happiness means learning to say no to the things and people that stress you out.  Thema Davis


So it’s day 12 of my 21 day experiment, in case you missed it I’m giving up alcohol for 21 days to see what difference if any it has on my health and happiness.  Last weekend I felt more energised and did more than I have done on a weekend for a while, by yesterday I was shattered!  I don’t think drinking a glass of wine at night, or more at weekends affects my energy levels much, don’t get me wrong if I have a session with my bestie - that does, it can take a week to get over one of them, but we don’t do that very often.  However enjoying a glass or two of good wine doesn’t seem to be contributing to my energy levels, I will however continue with the experiment to see if that changes.  I also wondered if it was affecting my mood because alcohol is well known as a depressant, or if it was in fact my hormones, or maybe even a combination of the two – or maybe I’m just a moody cow sometimes!  Well it turns out if yesterday morning is anything to go by, it ain’t the booze, so it’s either hormones or I’ve become a snappy bitch ;-).  I soon cheered up when my members started appearing and sharing their love and success.  I was even okay with having a room full of kids, we even had batman in the room, and he let me try out his mask, he even told his mom I could borrow his spare cape if I wanted.  One little girl made me a cake and told her mom, “Bev doesn’t need to lose weight, I’ll take her a cake”, well of course she’s now my favourite child, Batman didn’t say that!  I’m so fickle.

Feeling much more awake this morning after a good nights sleep, I have paperwork to do, vets at ten then I hope to empty my car and take a trip to Ikea, want to give my living room a makeover this weekend, that’s my mission – oh and clean my car, that’s going to be hard work, I really am a messy tramp!  My mom is too, so between us we can’t find anything EVER, which is why I end up a moody cow because I throw strops at 7am when I’m looking for clean knickers or a frying pan to make my breakfast.  I’m not dramatic at all MUCH, ask my bestie, she’ll confirm that ;0)

The truth is I’m a middle aged single woman who works near to a fifty hour week, I have no natural domestic goddess tendencies so my house is untidy, I tend to throw things on the floor a lot, for example there’s a box sitting on top of my waste paper bin in my office, it’s been there since Wednesday and instead of moving it, I’ve thrown my rubbish around the bin on the floor – I know that means I will end up having to pick that rubbish up, but when I do it, I’m busy doing other work – it all makes sense in my head.  And you know what, I am me, this is who I am, I make no excuses for my personality and traits, I’ve tried to be different and it doesn’t work, I improve for a while then revert to type.  I have other talents that more than make up for my lack of neatness ;)  however I will once more try to get some order of semblance into my house, I will get some storage units for the living room to put my crafting stuff in so it’s not lying about everywhere.  I’m going to get something for the post to go in as mom as taken to putting it wherever it takes her fancy, it’s taken me a week to find my race for life letter!  As I say to my members, if you don’t like something CHANGE IT!  95% of the time being an untidy madam doesn’t bother me at all, for some reason spring is the other 5%, so at least once a year I have a sort out.  Roll on Summer I say, then I can get up the garden and not notice the untidy house ;)

Oh it’s Good Friday, apparently people eat Fish today!  Don’t forget if you make it fish and chips to ProPoint them, especially if they’re from the chippy.  I’ll be having a chicken dinner, I’m not a religious person and I’m sure if he’s real, he’ll understand there’s a chicken crown in my fridge with a sell by date.

Have a Good Friday BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: