Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 31 March 2014

Eating Gorgeous & BeingYOUtiful I am ;)



31st March 2014
It’s all messy: the hair. The bed. The words. The heart. Life…” William Leal
But it’s all still good. Beverley Longsden


Yay I lost a pound – how pleased am I!  Actually I’m relieved, I’ve been bloated all weekend, I’ve got all those lovely symptoms you get when it’s nearing the BEST time of the month – NOT!  So when I got on the scales I was chuffed, I’d have been happy with anything other than a gain because this is a 20 week journey with an end goal in sight and as they say in the movies “failure is not an option!”  Apparently the other half of that quote is “hope is not a plan & failure is not an option”  I like that a lot, I won’t lie hope was a little part of my plan yesterday when I was desperately trying to stay on track but wanted to eat my own arm I was that hungry.  Instead I choose to follow a Filling & Healthy day and focused on the healthy, I had a bubble and squeak type breakfast from leftovers, for lunch with had chicken curry and brown rice then for tea because I was SUPER hungry by then we had egg, beans and chips and I even had bread with it – it was that or moms maltesters and cheese and onion crisps!

I did it, I made it through to bedtime, we went out visiting for a couple of hours to get us out of the house – that helped and I will confess to one glass of wine and 3 chunks of chocolate so that took me over my allowance by 9pp, but hey I lost a pound so BOOM!

Now to start week two with the same conviction, shopping list is written, meals are semi planned and most importantly I’m feeling positive – I want to do this, I don’t feel I “should” or I “could” nope I want to lose some weight because I know my joints and my future self will thank me for it.

Busy morning of running errands today then I hopefully might have an hour in the garden, followed by a few hours of Weight Watcher work, I’ve set my laptop up in the living room so I can do some of my work from there whilst still keeping mom company.

We enjoyed Mothers Day, had a few giggles, my bestie gave her a walking frame and she loves it, will be great if we go out for a drive she can use it to walk round a bit longer with better support.  We all need support throughout our lives, what form that takes just changes a little bit as we get older and if it comes in the form of a metal frame with wheels then why not if it means you can still get out and about in the beautiful sunshine – yeah we’re going to have lots of sunshine this year, I’ve pre-ordered it!

Today’s the first morning I haven’t thought about breakfast as soon as I’ve started typing – that’s progress :) but now it’s in my head I’m thinking what to have, you can put the girl on a weight loss plan but you can’t stop her brain thinking food!

Right lots to do, places to be and feeling happy about it all – Eat Gorgeous BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: