Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 21 March 2014

What a successful week! Loving my work...


Friday 21st March 2014

If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives – start now!


Yesterday was emotional, there were lots of tears in my meeting; some were personal conversations shared at the scales with not so happy tears, the positive there is that they had someone to confide in and a room full of wonderful people to help lift them back up.  Then there was Ann who I’ve called AnnMarie for a year because that’s what she wrote on her card and it’s her facebook name but apparently she prefers Ann ;-), so Ann it is although in my head she’ll always be AnnMarie ‘-) 



Anyway let me tell you about AnnMarie, she got to goal yesterday having lost 66.5lb in a week short of a year, in that year we’ve shared the highs and the lows, the weight loss successes and the non scales victories and in yesterday’s meeting we all got to share her success and joy as well as her touching emotional story, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house and that’s what makes Weight Watchers such a success, the members – they care about each other and they share their journeys.


She came back on the evening and bought me some flowers and a lovely gift, a cartoon photo of mom, me and Alfie, and it’s lovely, mom loved it too – where trying to decide where to put it, thinking maybe the kitchen because we spend most of our time in there.



It wasn’t only Ann celebrating thought, Julie joined 4 weeks ago and has lot 11.5lb and 5% of her weight, yesterday she’d bought in to show me the denim removed from her jeans so that they would fit her – what a fantastic non scales victory. 



Katrina was beaming having lost 6.5lb in one week and  


Angela loves Weight Watchers because she’s 19lb lighter and still enjoys a KFC every week!


Julie has been giving Simple Start a try and has lost 12.5lb in 3 weeks; she says it doesn’t feel like any hardship at all, she’s really enjoying it. 


Sarah picked up her 50lb certificate, I love what she said on facebook, “Thanks all it’s taken me 2 years but slow n steady wins the race! 9lb to goal now! X


All these and more are posted on my facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/WWBev and they will be added to my Pinterest board later http://www.pinterest.com/BevWW/bevs-weight-watchers/
 

This week my members have lost 432lb or 38 stone!   Seems a lot doesn’t it and it is, remember though these big weight losses like Sarah’s 50lb and Ann’s 66.5lb or Mel’s 75lb earlier in the week and Sam’s 56lb, they didn’t come quick,  nor did they come easy!  They came from making changes they know they can sustain forever, from realising that slow and steady does really win the race.  Anything worth having is worth putting in some effort and that YOU are worth the effort! 


If you feel like you have a lot to lose - START! 

If it seems overwhelming – START!

If you think you can’t do it – START!


Seriously just start, start gently, do what you can without being overwhelmed, this time next week you’ll still have a lot to lose but it can be a pound less than last week and you’ll have proved to yourself that you CAN DO IT.


You have to start to finish, in truth you’ll never finish because you’ll always need to take care of yourself and remind yourself to be healthy and happy, it’s a constant just like waking up, breathing and going to sleep – it’s something you have to do to survive.  But hey let’s not just survive – Let’s Live shall we, let’s take life by the throat and live the heck out of it.  Let’s realise that LIVING and having a ball doesn’t have to mean overeating!


On that note, I’m off to have another fabulous day, I don’t have a meeting till Tuesday but the power of Facebook means I get to keep in touch with my members over the weekend.  They talked me into taking part in race for life with them, I’ve joined Natalies team, she has cervical cancer and goes in for her hysterectomy today, one of my BeYOUtiful is Natalie and I know she’s got more strength than most so she will beat cancers ass! 



If you want to join us on the walk on the 18th, here’s our team registration link  https://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/rfl/forms/race/enter.jsf?groupNumber=SO3650
 

And if you’ve ever been motivated or got an idea from my blogs or my facebook page then please make a donation, please text NJMS48 £1 to 70070 and donate to our race for life team.

I can’t do the makeup free selfie for cancer awareness as all my selfies are makeup free, I have donated myself though and can I say ladies, embrace your natural beauty, when you do these selfies – SMILE! 


Have a great day, go make a difference to your own life as well as others.


BeYOUtiful & Eat Gorgeous


No comments: