Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Can't beat group support and motivation!

Wednesday 19th March 2014
No matter how hard it is, just keep going because you only fail when you give up!
Proud doesn’t even come close to how my job makes me feel and yesterday was no different, Mel achieved her goal yesterday morning losing a total of 75.5lb, what an inspirational lady, size 22 – 12 in under a year, and that’s not even the bit that impresses me the most!  It’s the fact that she’s been in constant pain for all that time, she has spinal problems and is waiting for surgery, add to that she’s a mother of three and I think it’s incredible that she manages to concentrate on losing weight whilst  being a mother and housework who’s in constant pain!  Many a Tuesday she’s walked into my meeting on crutches managing to smile despite the agony that’s obvious in her face!  Absolutely amazing lady just like so many other incredible ladies I weigh day in day out.


Yes you can’t beat a bit of celebrating to put a smile on your face, it’s what truly makes Weight Watchers great, it’s the group support, the knowing you’re not in it alone.  It’s joining that first week and hearing that others are successful and knowing you can be too.  Anyone joining last night would have heard Samantha say she was celebrating her first anniversary of joining my meeting, she’s also 56lb lighter, an average of one pound a week means she’s now lighter by the equivalent of a sack of potatoes, how fabulous is that!


Not forgetting Kelly who last night hit the three stone mark and you wouldn’t believe to look at her she’d ever known what it was to be overweight with the tiny figure that she has now.
Yesterday was a good day, handing out silver sevens, 5 and 10% awards and a total weight loss of 181lb, every pound counts, it all makes a difference and it doesn’t matter if it takes 3 months or 10 years to lose your weight and get to your goal, I believe as long as you’re not continually gaining week after week – YOU’RE SUCCEEDING! 

 Kelly Forrester
"I have finally done it! I joined the gym September 2012, soon after the the horrible picture on the left was taken. 18 months, a lot of hard work and an overhaul of my eating habits later, I am 3 STONE LIGHTER and a hell of a lot happier. — feeling wonderful."
The important thing is to keep going!  No matter what you do, no matter how many times you mess up and think to yourself “there’s no point in carrying on”, no matter how many people tell you that you can’t do it – keep going.  Don’t quit.  Don’t every consider quitting, because a week, a month, a year from now you will be that much closer to your goal than you are today.  If yesterday you said tomorrow – make today count!

I plan to make today count, I’m not going to lie, I’ve been struggling to stay on it lately, there’s so much been going on in my life that ‘food/diet’ hasn’t been taking a priority, however I get up every day and I do mean EVERY DAY with the intention of being a ‘healthy & happy’ as I possibly can!  That may take a few detours throughout the day but I always start from the same place each morning.  Filling & Healthy foods have been a godsend this last week, so now I’m re-focused on the right food, I need to get to the shops and get some food and make the effort to cook some delicious food because I know for me that makes a huge difference, if I have a great meal to look forward to, I’ll stay focused.  Yesterday I managed egg on toast for breakfast with a banana, my dinner was delicious beef burger (recipe in making the most of Filling & Healthy cook book) with Actifry potatoes and carrots, then for tea I went for lazy and had brown rice with the curry sauce recipe from the same cookbook (it was from the freezer, I’d cooked it months ago).

I need to shop, I have barely any fresh fruit and veg left in my house, and the freezer is half empty, I know I can make a meal from what I have in but I’m not sure if that’s the food I want to eat – that is the decision of today, either way I WILL STAY ON TRACK – WILL YOU? 

Have a great day BeYOUtiful, remember no matter what you’re going through right now – keep going, always look on the bright side – you know it makes sense. xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a long time member a Hampshire WW group who finds it really hard to stay motivated.Being 3 stone heavier than I should be, I should try harder I know.Having read your latest post has made me feel more positive, especially when you say 3 months or 10 years to get to goal, to get there is the main thing.I have noticed that I am finding it much harder now(I'm in my late 60's) than when I was a young Mum. I first became a WW member after having my 2 children, regaining my pre- birth weight and stayed the same until my late 50's when I slowly began to expand! So I must set to and become the incredible shrinking woman---hopefully.

Bev said...

glad it's made you feel more positive, and I can honestly say I have members of all ages losing weight, http://www.pinterest.com/BevWW/weightwatchersworks/ pat and pam both in their 60s have lost 75lb in a year, so stay positive and believe you can do it. Also lose the word "should" from you life, you could or you couldn't - it's your choice, should is a word laced with guilt xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bev for replying, I am feeling better about every thing today; obviously must have been felling very low when I commented. Iam going back to tracking for a week or so.