Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 17 March 2014

Simple Start helped me survive the weekend!

17th March 2014
Change is difficult but often essential to survival!

How did you survive the weekend?  Did you survive the weekend?  I did thanks to Simple Start and all those Filling & Healthy foods, the only thing that would have made it even easier would have been a little planning, so that’s what I need to do today.   

Simple Start sure helps get me back on track, because I CAN EAT without concerning myself with overeating, and that’s not just at the weekend!  It also helps because I only have Filling & Healthy foods in my house, therefore I can’t eat what isn’t there; if I have only bought low calorie bread, I can’t waste 7pp on two slices of seeded granary bread.  If I haven’t bought cheese and onion crisps I can’t eat them!  If my kitchen is full of Filling & Healthy foods then I’m following Simple Start as that’s all that’s available to me.   I shall be taking my shopping list with me today and ensuring I stock up on the good stuff.

Top of my list always are eggs, so versatile and delicious and always my first choice for breakfast, mmm can’t beat eggs on toast.  Then there’s potatoes, another top of the shopping list item, Actifry chips, mashed potato both quick and tasty, or maybe try something different

Potato and Ham Bake S/S, F&H or 6pp per serving, serves 2 


500g Potatoes
1 medium Onion, All Types, about 125g   
100g Pre-packed Ham, lean, cooked, all fat removed   
400ml Fresh Vegetable Stock, vegetable or chicken   
1 level tsp Cumin seeds, about two good pinches   
2 sprigs Fresh Thyme leaves
1/4 tsp freshly ground    Black Pepper,
1 pinch Salt  
 
·       Wash the potatoes well, pat dry then slice thinly either in a food processor or by hand.
·       Peel and thinly slice the onion. Cut the ham into thin shreds.
·       Heat the oven to 190°C. Layer the potato, onion and ham in a medium size shallow ovenproof dish sprinkling the cumin, thyme leaves and seasoning in between and finishing with a layer of potato.
·       Pour over the stock and press the potato down under the stock. Cover with foil and bake for ½ hour. Uncover and return to the oven to brown and crisp the top for another 30 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.

That sounds tasty and easy.

I like fish too I have to say and it’s really good for us apparently, I’ll add that to my list, I fancy beef burgers too after seeing someone elses on facebook, so extra lean mince beef and homemade burgers it is then, ooo and those Greek patties from the F&H cookbook, need to dig that out for a few more ideas. 

Yes I’m glad I’m following Simple Start this week, it’s what I’ve needed to break that cycle or eating junk that I’d been doing whilst mom was poorly.

Right I’m off to write my shopping list, have a great day, it’s a glorious Monday morning out there – Eat Gorgeous – BeYOUtiful – you know you’re worth it. xx


No comments: