Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 25 March 2014

On a mission...



25th March 2014
Attract what you expect, reflect what you desire, become what you respect, mirror what you admire!

Spent a lot of time in supermarkets yesterday, I had an £8 coupon if I spent £40 in Sainsbury’s and ended up spending half of it on a new cardigan and fleece hoody, good job I’m not insecure about my size because the size 16 hoody was a little snug and I had to have the size 20!   I’m a 12-14 in real sizes!  Then I went to Morrison’s to use my week for £10 off and I had a discount card that gave me another 15% off, so the money I saved there I went and bought myself a new dress for work.  Good shopping trip all round. 

As I was over the other side of town and it’s ‘open meeting’ week at Weight Watchers I decided to go visit a meeting as a member/visitor, I loved it, so interesting being sat with the members listening to them confessing to eat other what they’ve been eating and sharing ideas, there was great banter going on and it reminded me, if I needed reminding that Weight Watchers really works because of that group support.

I ended my day on 26pp, I decided to do ProPoints yesterday, I had 3 tasty meals, for breakfast I used up the leftover mash from the day before and dry fried them as potato cakes, served them with bacon medallions, fried egg, cherry tomatoes and spinach (9pp) – delicious.



As a snack I had a banana, then for lunch I had wholewheat spaghetti in garlic & coriander sauce, with steamed salmon, griddled carrots & courgettes (11pp) The garlic and coriander on the spaghetti was a little tub from Morrisons, 1pp total, I stirred it through the pasta once cooked, very tasty.
Then I didn’t have tea till 8ish so settled for home made onion soup (can’t remember recipe as I made it up weeks ago and it’s been in the freezer) and a Warburton brown thin toastie with low fat cheese (5pp) washed down with 2 bottles of becks blue 1pp (non alcoholic beer which I like)

My cupboards and fridge are well stocked for me to stay on track and have a great Weight Watcher week, I picked up some good ProPoint value foods that I will share with you as the week goes on I’m sure.

I also spotted this recipe on facebook which is going on my ‘to eat’ list, sounds delicious;

Spicy pork koftas
- 150g/7oz lean pork mince
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp medium curry powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 tsp olive oil

Makes 3 - 9pp or F&H using daily oil allowance.

Whizz the lot in processor except the oil!
Make 3 sausages with the meat Fry in a pan and brown on all sides then finish in oven
Cook rice leave to cool in frying pan you made koftas throw in kale, garlic and chilli sliced cook through then throw in the rice - when the koftas are cooked put in the juice and mix through the rice
Yep they sound good!

And if you’re struggling to get focused on your weight loss, here are a few tips to help;

  1. Water – drink lots of it, before & after meals, dehydration often masks itself as hunger.  I start my day with a pint before I have my cup of tea.
  2. Eat your calories!  Its much too easy to use your ProPoints on drinks such as fizzy pop and alcohol that has no nutritional goodness at all.  Rather than drink juice eat the fruit, the chewing and extra fibre helps keep you full.
  3. Use smaller plate – nothing worse than a little bit of food on a massive plate!
  4. Pile up your plate with veggies – heap them on, veggies should fill at least half of it.
  5. Spice it up! Add some flavour, garlic, herbs, pepper, get those taste buds going. 
  6. NO MORE FAD DIETS!  Starvation mode or plain miserable will never be a good thing
  7. Love yourself – if you don’t love yourself now, you won’t love yourself thinner either, it’s not a magic fix all cure to all life’s problems!  You’re amazing whatever you weigh – realise that.
  8. Make life changes.  There is no magic cure or quick fix, the only way to lose weight and successfully keep it off is to make permanent changes that you can continue to do FOREVER!
  9. Have a mantra – mine is “Healthy & Happy, Eat Gorgeous & BeYOUtiful because you’re worth it”
  10. Notice all your victories!  Not just the numbers changing on the scales, anything and everything, inch loss, getting into a smaller size clothes, being able to wrap the bathroom towel all the way round you, being able to walk the length of your street without being out of breathe – it’s all positive.


Let’s make this last week of March a fantastic week, March is always a changeable month re the weather, we’ve all heard the saying “March comes in like a Lion and goes out like a Lamb!my eating habits and moods have always been changeable in March too, so my March came in off track but is going out on track – how’s yours going to end?   I’m on a mission to get back to my target weight, watch this space…..






No comments: