Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 10 August 2012

Waking up to the sunshine - nice!

10th August 2012
The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do. Sarah Ban Breathnach

Well guess who’s had a lie in, I’m really chuffed as I rarely manage one and I’ve not wanted to get out of bed this week which is unusual for me, I’m sure it was the 5 miles on the chase that did it on Monday or it could be lack of wine in my system, maybe my body can’t cope with the shock of it all and it’s rebelling by shutting down!  Anyways I’m fully fuelled again and raring to go which is a good job because I have an area meeting tonight in Burton and then we’re off to Drayton Manor Park tomorrow with kids so I’m going to need all the extra energy I can get!
Yesterday was another successful day diet wise, I had a massive veggie stir fry for lunch (only because I’d forgot to defrost the meat!) Anyway because I was so tired when I got home on night and forgot to put meat in to cook again whilst I walked Alfie it was too late to cook at 8.30pm so I had a tin of salmon, salad & pitta, meaning I ended the day on 21!  What’s that all about, it won’t happen again, I can assure you.  But I still have 38 weeklies remaining and 48 Activity ProPoints earned, I could have a ball this weekend if I fancied one!
Had a great week in the meeting too, 34 stone lost, Lorraine, Shirley and Stacey achieving goal, Carolyn celebrating 12 years at goal – WOW!  Leanne losing 3 stone, looking fabulous in time for her wedding next week, not forgetting Amanda only 8lb from her goal and looking fabulous, and Rachel only 5lb.  Those are just a few I can bring to mind at this hour of the morning after my lie in.  Seriously you’re all amazing, especially those of you that AREN’T in the zone right now but trying to keep as good a handle on it as you possibly can, you know you’re doing the right thing because we all know what happens when we just decide ‘sod it’, we gain even more than we would if we were trying and we feel awful when we realise we need to get back on it.
The sunshine is most definitely helping, I’m much more inclined to eat fruit and salad when it’s shining that’s for sure and I’m drinking more water too since yesterday after realising that lack of it makes me tired and dehydrated and not forgetting lack of it can make you constipated – now there’s a lovely word to start the day on ;-)
This week in meetings we’ve looked at the importance of planning ahead, not just meals but how you might cope in certain situations, it’s no use arriving at the seaside and realising “Oh dear, the only really have fast food here, I’m going to HAVE TO have fish and chips”, and acting like that’s a huge surprise when you’ve know you were going all week long and you could have saved your Weekly Allowance or earned some Activity ProPoints to cover a bag.  One member told me (I think she had a wry smile on her face when she said it), “I’m going to be walking all day along the beach, that’ll earn my activity ProPoints for my fish and chips”, my response, “not unless you’re walking home as well it won’t!”  Tis true, you have to walk an awful long way to earn enough activity ProPoints for a bag of fish and chips, say there weren’t even a huge bag and came to 60pp, that would be extra activity of approximately 14 hours of brisk walking for me!  I’ll skip the fish and chips I think!
So a 2 hours brisk walk will earn me a Magnum or a 99 ice cream, maybe not, when you think about it that way, it doesn’t sound worth it.  Again it’s turning ProPoints into currency, it’s like looking at a proper fancy dress in a shop and thinking ooh that’s nice, then looking at the tag and seeing, £650.00 and thinking “WHAT, I could buy ten £65 dresses for that and have a wardrobe full of nice clothes”, we know regardless of the price tag we will only wear it the same amount of times because we’ll get bored of it or it will wear out, the same goes for food regardless of the ProPoints in it, you can only eat it once!
On that thought, I shall go take out a whiney dog!  He’s not impressed its 9am and we’ve yet to leave the house, he’s forgetting we were walking the streets at 8pm last night!  They forget so easily don’t they ‘-)
Have a fab Friday, the weekends here. xx

No comments: