Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Back on it at last...

7th August 2012

Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew. St. Francis de Sales
Woo Hooooooo, I lost 2½lb, I haven’t been that chuffed about losing weight in a very long time ;-)  I know I’ve turned a corner and I’m back in the zone which I have to admit feels great, because it also means I’m back in control of things that are going on in my life.  Actually it doesn’t mean I’ve got those things under control just that I’ve worked out a way to handle them in my own mind that makes me able to cope and it feels fabulous.

Yesterday was a crazy busy day, even though it wasn’t meant to be, after my meeting on the morning where I also get weighed – I like being weighed on a Monday morning it helps me to stay a little more in control over the weekend and also gets me right back on track immediately following the weekend.  So I finished there about eleven then changed into my running gear, I decided to risk getting wet, I was going to go for a run round chase water but as I started driving I decided I wanted to go over Cannock Chase and really enjoy it.  I’d forgotten my running watch so I used my phone and keyed in 5 miles thinking I’ll half walk, half run, but I was once again chuffed when I managed to run for about 4 of those 5 miles.  Don’t get me wrong on the steep inclines I walked up at a fast pace but most of the time I managed to run, and I was happy with that, it’s so beautiful over there, makes running more interesting because there’s so much to look at, I really do enjoy being outdoors in nature.  It’s a year this week since I started to run and when I started I couldn’t even run 30 seconds without it burning my throat and me wanting to cry, I remember back then half way round that first 30 minute walk/run thinking ‘I want me mom’ ;-) and now I can keep going for an hour, I really pleased I’ve managed to keep it up.
I stopped at the Hollybush nursery on the way back to buy some fruit, his stall outside really does sell delicious fruit that actually has some taste in it.  Plums and a banana filled a gap until I had time to cook my lunch. 

My plan was to come back have a shower, do my paperwork slowly and take my afternoon/evening at a leisurely pace.  That wasn’t to be, when I turned my pc on there was a message from one of my managers asking if I could cover my old meeting at Wednesfield, of course I said yes.  Well I got there and remembered why I’d chose to drop that one, the car park is a walk from the building and emptying my car was a nightmare, plus the venue is too warm.  However it was lovely to see some old faces, they always were a smashing bunch and the hour went by very quickly.   Unloading and setting up that room and packing it away earned my 4pp on my pedometer which means I did 4 miles in that time, that’s almost as much as I did on the chase, although I didn’t sweat quite so much as on the chase.
By the end of the day I had 20 Activity ProPoints on my pedometer, I’d eaten 27pp, which means I’ve started my week with a good stockpile of ProPoints for the weekend.  Yes I am in the zone and it feels fabulous!  I’m aiming for a 2lb loss this week as I’d love to be under that stone in the meeting, something I haven’t been this year.

So what did I eat yesterday, ooo I could’ve so very easily have let it all go and gone a little crazy, I contemplated a Chinese as I’d earned all those ProPoints, but instead I asked myself the question, “what would I really like?” and the answer was crumpets!  Then when I was buying them from the garage, I spotted stilton cheese and thought mmm, stilton mushrooms and crumpets – sorted!  Ooo and I did enjoy them, even more so knowing I’d earned them.    For my lunch I’d had couscous (5pp) and hickory turkey pieces (3) with a nice salad of grated carrot, tomato, lettuce, pepper & cucumber.  For my breakfast I’d had bran flakes which I hadn’t had in ages and they were tasty too.  I didn’t have any time for snacking, much too busy to think about food!
Of course I’ve slept like a baby and now I’m ready for the day, yes I’m back on it and it feels fabulous!


No comments: