Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 17 August 2012

Beyond Proud x

17th August 2012
The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.Ashley Montagu
What a fabulous week, 35 stone in total lost by my members and yesterday was a very proud day for me, Rachael got her goal, having lost 10st 4.5lb WOW, I’m beyond proud, it’s been quite the journey,  we both cried when she stepped on those scales.  What an amazing achievement, she joined in July 2010 and by this time last year she’d lost 6st, amazing and roughly a loss of 1.5lb a week, strangely on Sunday I’d looked back at my blog (I don’t do that very often) to 12 months ago and I’d wrote about her achievement then too, so in the past 12 months she’s lost the other 4st and 4.5lb which is just sensational.  It hasn’t always been an easy journey, she even gained last week which mortified her because she was so close, but that girl has done good ;-) more than good and just in time for her holiday next week!   I’m proud of all my members but I have to admit it’s been quite special watching Rachael flourish on her journey, she’s grown in confidence, she was beautiful when she joined my meeting, and over the last 2 years she’s not just lost weight but she’s realised that she is gorgeous and I was right that’s she’s beautiful. 
Yeah needed to share that because I am so proud and full of emotions, especially as today is the anniversary of my goal, its 8 years today since my life changed for the better in so many ways.  That sounds dramatic doesn’t it?  But it did, as my mate said the other day to me when we were chatting “your weight gain is a symptom of something you’re not comfortable with in your life” and she was right, I acknowledged that at the beginning of the month, it wasn’t anything major and just meant accepting some things and changing others but it’s also meant a 5lb weight loss in that time.  Looking back to the last time I joined Weight Watchers she was so right then too, I was massively uncomfortable with my life back then, I had a job that I didn’t feel capable of, I’d been promoted and I wished I hadn’t, I dreaded going to work and so I tended to eat/drink to reward a bad day, I also overspent so I had a huge credit card bill.  That meant I was stuck, couldn’t afford to leave the job because it was paying the credit card bill, was unhappy so bill was getting higher!  Mmm what to do, well once I realised what was going on, I joined Weight Watchers and lost the weight, stopped spending and started paying my credit card bill off, got to goal in the August, became a part time leader in the December (training started September) and by the following July I walked into my boss after much deliberation and many tears whilst thinking “what am I gonna do?” and resigned!  What a huge relief that was, it had taken me 12 months to be able to do it, I had to pay off the credit card bill first, even when I was doing that I didn’t realise it was so I could leave the job, that realisation hadn’t landed yet. 
Yes getting to my goal weight triggered a series of events that changed my life, with 12 months I’d left a job that paid me a lot of money (for me it was a lot anyway) to a job where there was no guaranteed earnings and no promise of enough work, but luckily my meetings grew, I got more meetings and after a few very ‘lean’ months financially which we survived I got myself the best damn job in the world where I get to see people change and get happy, it really is so rewarding!
Thank you to every one of my members that make my happiness in my job possible, without you of course there would be no need for my role, so really – THANK YOU ALL!
Acknowledging something is wrong, or even that there’s something in your life you’re not comfortable with but you can’t change may be difficult, it may feel uncomfortable, but believe me it’s worth it in so many ways, not just because it’ll probably help you lose weight easier but because it may help make your life easier too.   Is there anything in your mind right now niggling, saying to you “this is the thing you’re uncomfortable with”, are you thinking to yourself, “no it isn’t I can cope, I’m okay, that doesn’t need changing, it’ll all work out, I have no choice so there’s no point”, trust me even if you can’t change it, merely acknowledging it will help, even if its saying to yourself, “I am uncomfortable with xxxxx right now, it’s out of my control and I have to live with it, I don’t like it but that’s part of life” will help.  Then you could ask yourself how can you cope with it, is there anything you could do to make that situation easier, could you actually change it but you’re just afraid to because it seems so difficult?
My recent ‘issue’ to use a word was my mom, she’s in pain, she’s unwell and I feel helpless because I can’t cure her, so yeah that’s beyond my control but how I approach it isn’t.  I’ve accepted I can’t cure her, but I can make her as happy and comfortable as possible!  And just by accepting that, I felt better.
Right I’m off before I murder a dog who’s just sat starring at me waiting for his walk!
Have a fab day, remember ½lb, ½ stone or 10 stone; it’s all a massive achievement. xx

No comments: