Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 13 August 2012

Those scales better be smiling this morning!

13th August 2012
 
Most now the cost of everything, but the value of nothing!

Well I couldn’t stay awake long enough to watch the closing ceremony but I have it taped, I watched the first 15 minutes and I’m hoping it got better which I believe it did looking at this mornings facebook comments.

So we ended up with 65 medals, not bad at all, I think we can all be truly proud to be British and extremely proud of our athletes, let’s hope the buzz of the Olympics rubs off on our children and they start to get more active because we really don’t want them growing up with our weight issues, we need to turn the tide!

Weigh day, the moment of truth, I hope to go under that stone, I deserve too, but that never really makes much difference from memory and experience.  Just looking at my weigh card and I haven’t been under that stone since January, so fingers crossed, at the moment I’m goal plus 8lb it would be nice to anything less to be honest.  I’ve earned 62 Activity ProPoints this week and I haven’t used any of them, not because I was being ‘good’ or anything like that, I just haven’t wanted them, I’ve been trying to be more aware of whether I’m just eating for eating sake or if I genuinely wanted / needed something.  Yesterday was the test; I was tired from my day out and my extra work meeting on Friday night so that’s when it’s difficult for me when I’m tired or stressed.  I managed to tell myself that yesterday, and when about 7ish I was sitting thinking, “what can I have?” I went and made a huge salad with hummous and pitta bread for 6pp total, good it was too.  Also had a nice piece of battered fish yesterday for 6 ProPoints;

If you do go looking for them make sure you buy the right ones as the all look very similar, these are only 6pp each, I think that’s a bargain and looking at them also gives you some idea of what ProPoints might be in a chip shop fish!

I’ll be drinking plenty of water today, remember when you’re yawning more than usual you may be dehydrated, so just in case I plan to drink plenty to find out.   Water plays such an important part in our diet and yet so many of us forget to drink it, aim for 8 glasses a day and that’ll be a good start for sure.  We tend to forget to drink so to remind yourself maybe fill a bottle full to remind you so you know exactly how much you’ve had.  In this weather its easy to get a little dehydrated, signs of which include the obvious such as a dry mouth, or tiredness, thirst, headache, lightheadedness, constipation!   The easiest way to tell is to check your wee ;-) you want it running clear, the darker it is, the more dehydrated you are, so go check then have a glass of water whilst your up ;-)

On that note I’m off for a walk with Alfie, the sky is beautiful out there this morning, all red and rosy so I’m going to enjoy it before the sun rises totally and the colour disappears.

It may be Monday but make it a good one, and if you read yesterday’s blog be mindful of everything again today. xx










No comments: