Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 1 November 2023

"NO" vember....

Wednesday 1st November 2023


A new month, the last one of autumn, I'm not a fan of this time of year, dark, wet and miserable, it hurts my joints too, not good for arthritis at all.  I don't mind cold, crisp days but not this grim weather, not for me! 

I've slept a bit longer though and the cats behaved, so it's 5am and I'm up, a car alarm went off about 15 minutes ago which was the thing that woke me or at least the thing that got me to give in and get up.  

I love this idea of "No" vember,


But when I read it I thought, ooo say no to the gym :) that drains my energy lol but it doesn't really does it, it does make me feel better when I've done it, even if it makes me ache and heightens my pain somewhat but over time it's building my strength so worth it in the long run.  That's my belief and I need to remember that!

Yesterday I started my day with scrambled eggs on toast they were lush and I put my winter warm clothes on so yep the scales told me I'd gained 2lb, I'm okay with that, I'd had a wonderful weekend living not losing obviously plus the weight of the clothes and eating, it's all good.

I came home at lunchtime and obviously because it's half term, I have an hungry teenager in the house so I started cooking a Gousto meal, which was delicious.  Fish finger hot dogs and chips, he ate this whole plate, I struggled with the one bun, they were big but delicious.  Not a fan of brioche buns but the fish fingers were amazing and so simple.  



To make get some white fish, watch the 'whoopsie' counter as they often have it reduced.  
 

Slice your basa (or other white fish) fillets in half lengthways.  Add a handful of flour to a plate and a splash of milk to a small bowl

Add panko breadcrumbs to another plate with a generous drizzle of vegetable oil and mix together (this will make your breadcrumbs golden!)

Season the basa strips with salt, then coat them in the flour, tap off any excess, then add them to the milk and finally press them into the breadcrumbs firmly to coat evenly

Add the coated basa to a baking paper-lined baking tray (or two!) and put the tray[s] in the oven for 14-15 min or until cooked through and golden – these are your basa fish fingers

Tip: Your fish is cooked when it turns opaque and flakes easily.

Yeah really tasty, Aryn actually said, that fish is really nice and he's not a massive fish fan usually.

I was so full from that, I didn't eat again when I got back from the huddle, I went to bed just after 8 and it wasn't long before I fell asleep.

I remember walking in at lunchtime feeling tired from lack of sleep but also from the weather, (it's draining driving round in the rain), that drabness and thinking to myself, 'I'd love to walk in and someone had cooked my dinner and cleaned the house'.  Dream on ay, but how many of us think that often.  

There's always washing in the laundry basket and dirty dishes on the side, part of life I know but there are days when you think 'REALLY!'.  

Hark at me being all 'poor me, poor me' lol, I'm over it now and thinking what shall I eat today?  That's a much more important question :) 

I have a Gousto sloppy joe recipe but it was supposed to be on ciabatta but the sent pittas instead and they won't be the same in that way, so I might make the sloppy joe mince mixture and the pitta nachos from a previous recipe which I really liked.  Sorted that's an easy lunch, or we could have it with mash because mash makes everything in the world better.

On that note, I'll go make me another cuppa and start my day!

The one good thing about waking up silly early is I get to watch last nights Big Brother, sad I know but I enjoy it, now I'm going to watch Big Brother late and live to see the eviction chat.  What a life I have ay, I bloomin love it 100%.  

What are you going to say NO too this 'No' vember?

Mwah, luv ya

Love me x



No comments: