Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 15 November 2023

39 days, I know Sshhh ;)

 Wednesday 15th November 2023


A great day in huddles yesterday, actually a good day all round despite feeling cold but it is November so can't expect hot sunshine can I.  I pushed myself to go to the gym after our morning huddles and once in changing rooms, I'd got as far as changing my top when I realised I'd forgotten my trainers!  I also hadn't got a towel so couldn't go swimming either - damn!  I will go and make up for it today though, plus as Aryn wasn't at school again I wanted to go and check on him.

Lunch was a real this plate of food, I fancied fish fingers - they were a let down if I'm honest, but the biggest shock was the fact there's over 930 calories on this plate!  Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but it wasn't worth those calories plus I could've eaten more. 


Four seasons curly fries -£1.49 bag  (Aldi) 260 calories per 100g though!   my portion 35p 
eggs - £2.35 for 12 (Aldi)  - my portion 20p

Batchelors mushy peas 60p - my portion 20p - got them out of my system, wouldn't rush to eat again.
Bird's eye fish fingers - my portion 67p
slice of bread and spread - 11p 

Total - £1.53 cheap yeah but nutritionally?  Well it had 930 calories, 10.7g of fibre in it, 40.8g fat, 7.5g sat fat, 6.6g sugar and 3.08g salt




In comparison the pasta bake I had on Saturday had 656 calories, 11.9g fibre, 22.4g fat, 11.7g sat fat, 18.5g sugar and 1.8g salt.  It was the Aldi pasta sauce that added the majority of the sugar to this dish but making your own wouldn't make much difference as their is sugar in them too!  Plus there's sugar in the red onions 4.2g to be precise but that's 'good' sugar as it's natural! 

My conclusion is the pasta dish filled me up much more for a third less calories, that was probably because it was double the fibre quantity, but swings and roundabouts really, is one more healthy than the other?  I believe the pasta bake wins all round, make it a tuna pasta bake and win/win, that would've knocked 100 calories off a portion and lowered the fat content by a quarter.  Changing those curly fries to normal frozen chips would've made a huge difference too the calories and fat content.  They both cost about the same to make but I'll stick to pasta bake cos it filled me up and I wasn't left wanting more food.  If I start with white bread I want more and more, it's addictive!  

Having said that, I've just spotted pilchards in the cupboard in kitchen so now fancy sardines on toast!  It'll set me back 568 calories though if I have half of the large can, the small can will take it down to 493 calories, mmm decisions, decisions.  Pilchards / sardines are nice with spaghetti, so I could save the big can and have that as a main meal one of the nights with Aryn.  I'm trying to get some nutrients into my body. 

My computers updated overnight and I an now make QR codes, how cool is that, so here's our QR code for our website

and one for our Be Happy Owls Facebook page 
I'm easily pleased and this morning this has pleased me!

I didn't lose weight yesterday by the way, gained 1/2lb but I didn't expect that 1lb gain last week so I'm happy with that.  The HRT patches are also causing me to bleed every other week and affecting my body so I'm not gonna stress about it, just continue eating healthy and tracking.

39 days to Christmas - woo hoo, it's the final countdown!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x


No comments: