Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 7 November 2023

Back to basics

Tuesday 7th November 2023 



"Getting back on track!"  That was what I decided this weeks huddle topic would be because I for one needed too do just that and I know members who need to also.  

I started with this breakfast and I know if I hadn't been tracking, that breakfast would've been a hell of a lot different!  I enjoyed it though, that egg cooked perfect for my tastebuds, steamed almost! 


I didn't make the gym as I needed to be at home all day, but thankfully I wasn't needed in the end. 

I tested the stewing steak tins, my results were, don't waste the extra £1 on Princes as the Asda one at £2.35 is the best, the Asda essentials one is actually better than the Sainsburys.



I mixed them all together and I've frozen some portions.  
  

Fried 500g sliced onions in 30ml vegetable oil, added the 3 tins and 3 oxos, would've added more oxos but I was out so put a bit of Bisto granules in.  Mashed my spuds, no butter or milk added, I don't mind it without and had ketchup

 


Good, tasty, cheap meal £2.35 for the stewed steak, 25p for the potatoes, 10p for the oxo, 10p for bisto, so my portion was £1.40 plus 30p for peas and my ketchup that was a free sachet, I have to say Hellman's ketchup is really good, but I've been having own branded stuff for 70p bottle. Hellman's is £2.15 in Tesco, I'm tempted as I don't eat a lot of it and I could hide my bottle from the boys lol :) 

Aryn had his with leftover Dauphinoise potatoes and the rest were frozen with the stewing steak.

Today I'm going to make a pasta dish I think with leftover chicken from Sunday and this; 


It was on offer for £2 when I bought it, looking forward to that later.  But first I think a bacon sandwich for breakfast as there's an open packet in the fridge, I sent himself off with a bacon sarnie Sunday, I took the medallion part of the back bacon for him and I'll have the tails and track it as streaky.  

So this was my day in full, I treated myself to a Be Happy Owls journal, there was a glass of white wine left in the fridge from Sunday so I drank that, then later had a glass of red, I still finished my day at 1200 calories which is crazy because I had full fat milk in my tea too.  


It shows that I can do it with a little thought, I don't skip a meal on purpose, I'm just not hungry some days.   Tracking also shows me where I need to work, I'm not drinking enough fluid, my fruit and veg is very low.

As you can see the wine glass mark is on the page because the book is open on the coffee table, no hiding the book :) 

Busy day but I'll make sure I make time to eat properly, I'm thinking if I cook some tinned tomatoes, that would add one of my five to the bacon sandwich.  I can put sweetcorn in the pasta bake, I could actually chop up some frozen green beans and add that too.  We have spinach too, I can have peas on the side (Aryn doesn't like peas).  A banana maybe as a snack, I can eat them but I'll be eating it for the sake of it as I probably won't be hungry, just eating it to get one of my 5.  We'll see. 

Trying to use what I have in the kitchen as I don't really want to shop for more food but may give in and get fresh veggies, Aldi 6 has 250g mushrooms for 69p, I've just looked and their broccoli is 75p, 500g carrots 33p so may nip in for those.  Mixed peppers are £1.59 for 3, I could make stuffed peppers.  Yeah I can get some veggies cheap.

Time to shower and wake my body up fully, here's to a great day and taking care of me.

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx





No comments: