Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 10 November 2023

Mmm pie....

 Friday 10th October 2023 

Had me a lie in this morning, 6.42am Alexa told me the time was when I asked her, how good is that, I did go to bed late though so still the same amount of time in bed.  I should've gone earlier, it would've stopped me having the extra glass of wine, bag of crisps and handful of pistachio nuts.  I enjoyed them though as I chatted for an hour on the phone to himself, it was worth being over by 544 calories - opps! 

I was a domestic goddess earlier in the day though, I made what I'm calling a lazy gammon pie, because I just put the whole sheet of pastry on the top, didn't even trim it round.  It cost about £5.40 to make.  I'm finding it interesting working out the cost of food, one because I need to be aware of what I'm spending cos I'm skint and Christmas is on the way but also because it's reminding me if you eat the portion size you're supposed to, you'll save money and lose weight!  I don't want to waste money on food when I can make delicious food cheaper.

Lazy gammon pie (1848 calories total) I ate about a 1/6th 

veggies about £1 (140 calories), you can add any you like
1 carrot diced
1/2 pepper diced 
1 onion diced
3 or 4 florets broccoli 
couple of handfuls of spinach 

1 packet puff pastry £1.75 (I bought Jus Roll but own branded is £1.05 and as good having compared them over the last few weeks) (1,158 calories) 
2 pieces of gammon steaks (250g) cut in pieces £1.99 (Aldi) (342 calories)
Can of chicken soup, any, (Aldi & Sainsburys are 67p each) (208 calories) 

Fry the gammon steak and the veggies in a pan, add soup and stir through, put in an ovenproof dish and top with pastry, I didn't even cut the sides off as you can see.   I cooked for about 30 minutes on 200 degrees, just cook until the pastry is done as the filling is already cooked.

  

  

Delicious!

Today I'm doing pulled pork as it was still half price in Sainsbury's when I nipped in yesterday to get a couple of things for Aryn.  Gonna do what Elle does with hers, pop in slow cooker with a bit of water and covered in foil on high.  Ooo I never asked how long but knowing Elle she'd leave it 3 days to make sure it was cooked :) I'll leave it all day, oh actually she did say to shred it and pour over with gravy and put stuffing in the slow cooker before we went to the pub so it's ready to make baps with when we get back. 

I'm also going to make spaghetti bolognaise ready for Saturday when I'll just add the spaghetti and cook a bit of garlic bread - meal sorted.  I've defrosted the mince that I found in the freezer, I'm gonna be using stuff from the freezer all next week, I reckon Aryn and I can easily live off it for a couple of weeks, I need to do an inventory again of the contents.

Gonna get my busy on today, do some cleaning, cooking, nip to the gym unless I do so much housework, I don't need to work out!  But first a cuppa and a cuddle with my cat, notice I say cat, because the other one doesn't really do cuddles she likes to sleep on her own cuddled up out the way.  

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx






No comments: