Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 9 November 2023

Chicken wings mmmm

Thursday 9th November 2023


Cats tried to get in my room and woke me at 3ish but I was having none of it, I managed to snooze on and off till half five.  Been there since just after 8 last night and slept well.  

Food yesterday wasn't the healthiest I won't lie, things got in the way!  Breakfast was okay, 


Leftover tinned tomatoes on an actifry toastie, the toast was cooked but the tomatoes weren't hot so I'd microwave them beforehand next time.

After our morning huddle, I finally got to the gym!  30 minutes on the recumbent bike (10km) and 3 sets of 12 on 3 upper body machines and I was done.  Took advantage of the showers and then instead of going back home, I decided to waste a couple of hours before my dentist appointment. 

I had a walk round Lidl's, wasn't in the mood to pay attention to stuff so just got what I needed, a bag of spinach, broccoli, carrots and milk.  I also bought the Lidl version of the cheap garlic bread to compare to the Aldi one.  

With still an hour to waste, I clocked a chip shop so decided to have some chips, £2 for a cone which isn't a cone, it's a small bag.  Obviously I couldn't weigh it so I tracked it as a 'small' portion.  I fancied a pie but when I saw they were £6 each, I was like, I'm not paying £6 for a pie, that's ridiculous!  


My dentist appointment went well, he did say one of my fillings had a fault so he fixed it whilst I was there, saying if that didn't hold it'd have to come out and be replaced in the future.  I don't think he charged me for more than the check up though thankfully, especially as I have a scrape and polish at the same time with the hygenist so my bill was £67.80 anyway.  

Home by half four and Aryn had sorted his own food out, he'd had more of that pasta dish and a couple of spring rolls, which meant I didn't need to cook.  I've fancied chicken wings since I mentioned them in the blog so I cooked what was left in the bag.  I was good though I only had a portion, left the others on the plate for today.  These were lush...

  


They're in the 3 for £10 offer in Farmfoods and I highly recommend them.  A fakeaway night which includes these, some garlic bread and chips is a bargain in comparison to a chippy takeaway and quick to cook too. 

As you can see not the healthiest of days!  Where are the veggies?  Oh yeah I had tinned tomatoes - whoop whoop - not good enough.

I went over my calorie goal yesterday by 172 but I easily earned that at the gym thankfully and I'm in credit.  The point of tracking isn't perfection, it's to make me more aware of my eating behaviour.  

I enjoyed a glass of whole meal before bed, partly because it was going to be out of date and I hate waste but also because I've realised I can enjoy the things I like, a glass of milk is less calories than a glass of milk.  I drank a litre of water too, if I can keep that up - happy days.

We're having that gammon today because it's use by today and the freezer is full, it's an easy dinner too, I'm part thinking if I did it in a sauce with a pastry top, I could hide veggies in it for him to eat, make like a gammon pie, but I could also just serve it with green beans for him.  I'll see how I feel lunchtime, I need to pop to the shop for a couple of things for Aryn so maybe I'll get pastry too.  

I'm sat here wasting time I don't have so I better get on with the day! 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx




No comments: