Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 6 November 2023

All rested, so let's get stuff done.

Monday 6th November 2023


Lazy week over, half term done, I'm going back to the gym today, I can't continue with the lazy for the rest of winter or I'll be gaining a lot of weight!  I did really enjoy my week of rest though I won't lie.

I went to bed incredibly early yesterday, I'm talking half five as it was warmer in bed and I was on my own, we had a chat on the phone, then I fell asleep and I've got up just before half five this morning, amazing sleep, I'd accidently left the heating to click on at 17 and I think that helped to keep me asleep, as I don't normally have heating on at night.  Hopefully my body clock is back to normal after the clocks changing.

I did get my cook on yesterday and I really enjoyed it, after the Aldi Dauphinoise potatoes success with Aryn, I decided to have a go at making my own Dauphinoise potatoes recipe - BBC Food used this recipe, very easy and very high in calories but I didn't have loads and I will mess about in the future with ways of lowering the calories.  I did sprinkle a bit of parmesan on the top too.  When I looked at the ingredients on the Aldi version, it wasn't just cream, it had milk and cheese in, hence the lower calories. 
I'd like to do something similar but with layers of onions in it, but Aryn doesn't like onions, so maybe I do two smaller dishes.  It was absolutely lush though and there's loads left, gonna have some today with stewed steak (gonna compare the two versions) then freeze the rest for himself to take away. 

Then there was the chicken, oh my days delicious!  I know a roasted chicken is easy to do but I used this recipe as a basic idea Foolproof slow roast chicken recipe | BBC Good Food  we find chicken can be dry and boring so this was cooked slower, I didn't add the potatoes because I'd made those other ones.  I didn't add the lemon or thyme neither, just put the garlic and I added an onion halved.   I did spread garlic butter on the chicken, white wine and chicken stock in the pan and boy did it make it delicious!  

This was a delicious plate of food, the Yorkshire pudding wasn't needed but oh it was a welcome addition for 55 calories.  The skin on that chicken was amazing, a little of the juice over the carrots, oh my days!  Yes it was high in calories but I didn't eat another meal yesterday, that was it.  When I pried it in yesterdays blog, ingredients from Aldi, it worked out at £8 for a meal for 4 including frozen peas, carrots and roast onions.  

 
I do love roasted garlic too, one of my favourite tastes when it comes out perfect. 

We did so well collecting for the food bank last week, I do hope people continue, just buying one thing each week makes such a difference and it's not so noticeable on your shopping bill.  A selection box or treat for the kids for Christmas would be a great addition too as the kids shouldn't suffer, you can get them for a quid at the minute. 

Time to get stuck into this weeks chat topic for our huddles whilst my brains fresh, then I can get on with the easier parts of the day.

We finished the walking dead finally, worked it out 177 episodes in 12 weeks, that's some viewing, but we enjoyed it and I get to spend time with Aryn which gets him out of his room, win/win!

I'd like it noted right at this moment, I have an empty laundry basket, oh yeah I'm impressed, I know that will change in an hour but I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Monday morning, shall we crasp the day with both hands and get stuff done?  You in? 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me 


 






No comments: