Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 11 August 2023

I had a fruity day yesterday!

Friday 11th August 2023



Apple, banana, figs, prunes, grapes - oh yeah, I ate more fruit yesterday than I have in the past few months!  The added bonus, I actually enjoyed them too, although I didn't feel they filled me up as I expected but all good for me.

I also did a bit more research of the 'prunes are good for your bones' belief, well it turns out they're no better than a lot of other foods, it's because they contain polyphenols and guess what has polyphenols in - RED WINE! Joking aside, I came across this article that talks about it https://saveourbones.com/the-peculiar-bone-healthy-fruit/ interesting read.  Then I also found another article that told me that the only problem is that these studies about prunes were all done in mice and involved eating prunes as 25% of the entire diet.  MMm, I'm a damn sight bigger than a mouse and I'm not making prunes 25% of my day!  

It's all proof that a good healthy, balanced, varied diet is what we all should be striving for, they're are no magic lotions, potions or pills and no 'super' food! 

I've just enjoyed a cuppa in the garden, I think that's the first time I've done that this year, we might get our first BBQ too today, we shall see, the forecast looks positive. 

I've got a busy day, gym, dentist, joint pain group, so I'll enjoy half hour peace before I get started.  

I don't want to tempt fate, because I've only had the HRT patch on since Tuesday but I feel better in myself already, my general joint aches and pain doesn't seem quite as bad as they have, my mood feels lighter.  Of course it could be a placebo effect and if it is, I don't care, I'll take it.  I think going to the gym is helping too as is drinking more water, cutting down on alcohol and the joint pain group.  It's a combination of all of it, of taking control and putting myself and my health at the top of my to do list.  

We did have chippy tea last night I had pie and chips, but only at half the pie, didn't eat most of the pastry, and just a few chips so not too bad, I'd defrosted food too, so we'll be having that today or tomorrow depending on the bbq situation!  

Right Friday, let's have ya!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: