Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 15 August 2023

Feeling positive

Tuesday 15th August 2023


I am feeling really good about the fact I am able to do any kind of work out at the gym at the moment, yesterday Aryn and I went at lunchtime, we did some weight machines and I did 20 minutes on the rowing machine, I would've tried to do more but he'd had enough, plus I'd got my pain management at half two so I knew we'd probably be doing more then.  I was right, I did another 10 minutes on the recumbent exercise bike, I chose that because I wanted my back supported as it still wasn't good - it feel's a lot better this morning though.  We then did a circuit spending 1.5mins on each exercise, I really enjoyed that as I can see my progress, I'm feeling so much more positive about my body improving (hopefully recovering) over time.

My Fitbit is telling me I managed 68 zone minutes, this is such an improvement on what I was achieving before I started the programme.   I know I've started the HRT but I believe the effects of this Joint Pain programme has had a great effect on me too, it has made me feel like I can do things, I can see a possibility of me being able to achieve the goals I set at the beginning of the plan which were simply to be able to stand to do my daily tasks, things like washing up and cooking dinner, to being able to walk along a beach and enjoy a day out without being in extreme pain!  Here's working towards that by building up the muscles around my joints, work on my core and getting my body fitter.  

Another good nights sleep too, just under 8 hours, I'm sure the HRT patch is helping a little there but so is the fact I've not been drinking wine every day, I poured a small glass last night and it didn't taste very nice, so I wasn't tempted to pour anymore.  On one hand, I'd love it to never taste good again because it would really help me with my healthy journey on the other hand, I've always loved a glass or two of my Beyerskloof Pinotage and it's a little sad to think my tastebuds could've changed and I don't now!  

Food was simple yesterday, I had scrambled eggs in a pitta pocket for breakfast and for my dinner a ham, cheese, lettuce and pickle sandwich for dinner, again my appetites not massive after being poorly, or maybe I'm just getting to where it should be which isn't wanting to eat constantly! 

I still feel I could do with more get up and go, I really want to spring clean the house, give it a good top to bottom, I feel like this even more so since he told me his mom and sister are possibly coming to stay for the Bank Holiday.  I am definitely a take us as we are kind of person, plus his sister has been before, but I felt like it needed a good clean before so I definitely do now! 

We'll get there, so much to do, so little time - that's not particularly true, I spend lots of time sitting chilling that I could be doing the house but the truth is I don't want to, I'm sure I'll get a surge of energy at some point.  Then there's the back garden - oh the weeds are like a carpet and every time I pull them up, two weeks later, they're back - soul destroying!

On that note, I'm gonna have me a lovely long shower, change my HRT patch, we're putting on number 3, been on them a week now, let's hope they continue to improve my life.  My head's still getting brain fog, using the wrong words, my memory is shocking but I think it's always been like that, it's more to do with my other medication.  Meh, I can live with that, just write stuff down and call everybody babe or love! 

Have a great day! 

Mwah, luv ya


Love me 






No comments: