Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 22 August 2023

Food, glorious food

 Tuesday 22nd August 2023


A good day had yesterday, Elle and I took Georgia to Forge farm, the sunflower fields are coming to an end now so I didn't buy any but we enjoyed watching George feeding the goats and sheep.  I joined her on the twisty slide, never grow up - it's boring!  It passed a couple of hours cheaply.

I then did my pain management group, another good session, I did like the circuit training workouts we do, they're obviously shorter than you'd do at a 'usual' one I would think but we are working on our joints so it's aimed at that.  We were working on stability and balance yesterday, trying to stand on one of these is funny! 


I managed it though and you forget how useful those fitness balls can be.

Once home, I took Aryn to the gym where we did a little bit on the weight machines, then 30 minutes cardio, I kept it light because my hip/leg has been rough since Friday, I still managed to get my heart to 60% which again we were told is apparently is all I should be doing for my age especially with my issues.

We nipped to Sainsbury's on our way home to get the bits I couldn't get from Aldi, Aryn is very 'price aware'  as he's been shopping with me since he came to live with me and he was going to have a bottle of chocolate milk until he saw the price and put it back - fair play to him.  I was again annoyed at a price increase, Idahoan mash has gone from £1 in November to £1.45 yesterday, that's a 45% increase - what's that all about!  

Food wise, I made a chicken hotpot, it was alright, needed a bit more flavour which makes me wonder if OXO have taken some of the strength out of their cubes or I just needed even more than the 5 I used!  

Cheap meal chicken legs, carrots, onions, sliced potatoes and stock made with stock cubes.

I love potatoes cooked like this, so good, plus there's enough for today too.  We enjoyed eating our dinner together whilst watching more Walking Dead, it might not be eating up the table together but it was good enough for me.  

I have a busy day so I better get on with it, got 3 huddles, need to nip to Cannock and Bentley Bridge, so yeah lots to fit in.

Right I'm off, have a good one, I plan too.

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me 





No comments: