Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 19 August 2023

Got my positive pants on!

Saturday 19th August 2023


I love that quote, it just came up on Pinterest and I was like 'how true is that!'  Obviously in my work I've  met hundreds if not thousands of people over the years and sometimes it becomes obvious that its the people around them that are the root of their issues!  I read this and thought, yeah I have a circle thankfully, he asked me 'are you happy' last night in the pub when we were chatting and the answer was a very easy YES, very, very happy.  Almost 2 years in and I wouldn't change a thing, unless I could magically wake up a stone lighter in the morning to help with my pain but that's me just being greedy.

Speaking of pain, I'm in a good deal of pain this morning with my back but I see it as positive pain because yesterday I was able to do 3 hours sorting and cleaning my kitchen yesterday morning before I started to hurt.  I've emptied and cleared out all the cupboards, thrown away out of date stuff and anything I won't use like a pancake pan I'm never going to use.  My cupboards are empty well some of the drawers are, I need a shopping trip to stock up, he said to wait till today and he'd come with me rather than going alone yesterday, so that's on our to do list today with so many other things.  He's taken my car in to have the bumper fixed and the air con, so I'll be driving his (EEK!) for a week or two, it's been over a year since I reversed into anything so touch wood ay! 

After finishing the kitchen I got dragged to the gym with Aryn for an hour, then I had to go to my pain management group, by now I'm in a fair deal of pain but thankfully we were going to be doing aqua aerobics so in the water which helps.  I had 20 minutes swimming before we started and I managed to make it through just about.  The pain does feel positive because I'm doing stuff, I'm about to do stuff, I feel positive that I'm going to improve.  I managed 12,689 steps yesterday and 67 active zone minutes, 20 mins swimming, 40 mins aqua and 25 mins on the elliptical bike thing, plus some weights - check me out, no wonder I'm in pain!

I also feel the HRT patches are doing something, just checked my fitbit app and my sleep pattern since I started them has been 'good' every day whereas before it was a mixture between fair and good which means I'm definitely sleeping better.

Up at 5 this morning though because he's taken my car to pick his up and it's quite a drive, he takes them to the same man he bought them from and that's not local.

We did have chippy last night, I didn't realise until I got back at 4 that all I'd eaten all day was a banana and a satsuma, I'd got consumed by the kitchen hadn't I.  Today I'm making sweet and sour chicken we'll have that with rice so that's healthier.  

I might go and make some scrambled eggs for breakfast, start healthy too, I've no bread so it's just the eggs, if they're fresh enough, I'll test them in water first.

Here's to a good day, 

Mwah, luv y

Love me x

No comments: