Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 9 August 2023

13 unlucky for some!

Wednesday 9th August 2023


Yay, at last I did it, I'm under that stone, maybe only a pound under but I did enjoy seeing that 13 yesterday, I really did and it's motivated me to keep going, to continue to work on feeding myself good, healthy food to not just lower my weight but to make me feel better in myself.  

Oh I have more news, I had my telephone appointment with my doctor and she agreed that I have an awful lot of symptoms that sound like the menopause and prescribed me HRT.  Now I know everyone has an opinion on them but do you know what, I'm willing to try anything at this point and take the risks, a % risk of breast cancer is better than daily continual pain, rages, flushes and everything else that goes with it, especially the brain fog, I've been saying dentist when I mean vet and all sorts or crap, so yeah I'll take the risks.  Of course if it has instant bad side effects that's a different story, but I've had very mixed reviews, my bestie says she feels ten years younger, and I've seen one of our members transform in front of my eyes in a positive way, I'll focus on the positive ones for now. 

I'm finally feeling better and have this lurgy on the run, didn't eat a great deal yesterday as still wasn't feeling 100%, but I had a slice of toast for breakfast and a 100ml glass of orange juice.  Lunch was a cup of soup and an actimel, oh and 1/2 of a fruit scone, Aryn and I went food shopping, Sainsbury's and Aldi, we did a taste test of their scones, I felt the Sainsbury's ones were slightly dryer, Aryn said the Aldi ones had more fruit in them, but he preferred the Sainsbury's ones, I opted for the Aldi, so it all shows, it's down to taste not brand!  15p difference in price, so yeah I'd buy the cheaper Aldi ones.  Their rip off magnums are good enough too, especially how these two eat them, in twos! 

I snacked on 35g peanuts and a couple of dried figs, then for dinner I had this lovely plate of goodness, stir fried pepper, mushrooms and tenderstem broccoli and had them with scrambled egg.  


Finally getting my appetite back, I ended the day with a chicken sandwich on white bread from a 400g loaf, it was delicious.   I think you'll agree that wasn't a large amount of food but it added up to 1341 calories. 

Then I had an early night and thankfully slept quite well considering the cough.  

I've already started my day with a mug of tea and 2 Farley's rusks with milk, I know it's 'baby' food but damn I love it and they're only 70 calories each, plus they have calcium and vitamin D in which is a bonus.

Lunch is undecided but I do fancy fish of some sort and I really enjoyed that veggies last night so I will possible repeat, yeah I'm gonna take salmon out the freezer.

Let's get this day started!  

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x


No comments: