Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 3 April 2023

Let's get this week started.

Monday 3rd April 2023
Every day matters.

I was so glad I didn't have to think about what to eat apart from breakfast this weekend as after the huddle Saturday morning we ended up driving to take his car to be fixed with his 'expert' who's bloody miles away, so 5 hours later we got back and thankfully I had the making of the dinner because of Gousto, now it should've looked like this, 
   
but it ended up looking like this lol.

The reason for this was, we used the cobs for breakfast, having had burgers the night before we didn't fancy burgers again, so we had scrambled eggs and beans (1 of your 5 a day) on them instead, which was tasty.

Instead I did us naan bread and poppadoms with the Katsu chicken, plus I had a tub of lentil dal in the freezer from a previous box and we had that too.  It looks like a messy plate but it tasty banging and with the extras it was like a takeaway and everyone ate it.  Also 3 of our 5 a day, carrots, cucumber and lentils.  

So yeah that was Saturday, work, driving, food oh and red wine :) 

Sunday wasn't much different, breakfast was a lovely treat, Coops pork sausage are really nice and they're in the 2 for £5 section, we've had them twice now and I really like them. I forgot how much I like tinned tomatoes when they're cooked in a frying pan to get rid of some of the juice and add a teaspoon of sugar to take the edge off.  This meal kept us going till dinner around 4 - well it did me!  


The other two ended up having a snack so they struggled to finish their dinner!  To be honest so did I because I cooked enough pasta for 4 people not 3 because it was a serve 4 meal and I stupidly cooked it all and dished it up.  
 

Now I only ordered this meal because spag bol is one of his favourite meals, I'll eat it but I'm not a massive fan, having said that, the flavours in this were really good (recipe Simply Perfect Beef Spag Bol | Gousto, there was no henderson relish in my recipe, it was replaced with a beef stock mix and a tsp sugar).  Anyway I know I keep banging on about them but I am really enjoying them, with my discount the box I've just ordered for next week is gonna cost me £39.88 for 4 meals for 4 people that's with the 25% that includes delivery is £3.99, s, that's £2.49 per meal and there's no messing about buying all those ingredients in the supermarket.  It's bloody good food too, now I like to try different foods but they do have a great selection of 'everyday favourites' too for people who prefer regular meals.  
 


Anyway, if you do fancy giving it a go, here's the link for 65% off first box, 25% for 2 months, I like how easy it is to suspend your orders on the app too cook.gousto.co.uk/raf/?promo_code=BEVER43868435&utm_source=weblink

Just checked my Hellofresh which I also love but have put on hold whilst I get my discount with Gousto
and their offer right now is

Share a discount

Send friends 60% off 1st box, 25% off for 10 weeks, and get £20 credit after they place an order using your referral code. Here's that link



Ooo I wish I had the hellofresh offer, that's a good one!

Okay, moving on, we watched Lethal Weapon 1 and 2 yesterday, I can't believe how good
they still are over 30 years later, we've watched a few old movies which just don't age as well.

I went to move my car so he could get the motorhome off drive and I have a cracked windscreen!
Plus a tyre that's going down so needs looking at too.  New windscreen required because the cracks too long, £75 excess grrr!  At least someone else ordered a Gousto box using my code last night so that's a £20 credit for me to help balance out the cost lol.  3 windscreens this year in our household, all different cars, all bricks off motorways, you couldn't make it up.

I did do a good deed yesterday though, he likes to check motorhomes for sale, it's like a hobby!  Yesterday we saw one the same as ours, at first he thought they'd used our photos but it was different, however when I looked on Facebook the exact same van was for sale in Scotland for almost £30k, the one on ebay was a ridiculous £6,800!  On further inspection, the ebay seller had a good 20 motorhomes for sale at that price, so I reported it and they've all been taken down.  My reward?  A cracked windowscreen!  Hey ho.

I've got  busy day ahead, I could've happily spent it in bed if I'm honest, especially seeing the frost out of the window but no we must get stuff done!  Hearing the birds singing was a smile moment.  Another day of trying to ensure Aryn does all the things the nurse told him to do and get his 2.5 litres water plus 5 portions of fruit and veg, not so much looking forward too!

Ah well, let's focus on the positives, Coco's just walked off in disgust because I wouldn't fuss in as I was typing, I'm not popular there now!  

Here's to a very, good day, 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: