Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 19 April 2023

Happy Hump Day!

Wednesday 19th April 2023
Let's make it a great day! 


Well I gained 1.5lb in the last two weeks, that's not bad at all really, I had the Easter weekend away and then I got Covid so I've been sitting around doing not much at all!  I made a conscious effort to up my water intake yesterday to try and help with the tiredness which seems to the the outcome of Covid, Aryn is tired too bless him and well himself is shattered but he's working 12 hour days so he's bound to be. 

Having said that, I've woke up having had a good 8 hours sleep and I'm feeling better than yesterday and the healthier I eat, the better I'm going to feel that's for sure.

Yesterday I started the day with eggs on toast, I've fancied them for a week now but I had no eggs!  Lunch I had fish in butter sauce with a jacket and veg, I'm better with mash than jacket potato, I don't put butter in my mash but for some reason, jackets just feel too dry.  Now in the past I'd have used the sauce on the fish steak, but it appears that not only has the steak shrunk to the size of a matchbox but there is less sauce!  I paid £3.50 for the box from Farm Foods which I thought was high, they're £5 in Sainsbury's and £6 in Tesco and Asda!  I've just found a photo on google with £1.09 on the box, I wonder how old that shot is!   I would not pay 5 or 6 pound for a box of them, not for 140g of fish in sauce, I'd rather buy a couple of ready meals, shame really because I used to enjoy them as a quick fix.
For dinner Aryn wanted these, I forgot to take a photo of the finished result, but see that photo on the box, they didn't look like that, there's not that much chicken, you use 500g over 8 wraps, trust me, that's not a lot of chicken per wrap.  I'm not saying it's not enough chicken per wrap but it doesn't look like that wrap.  I bulked ours out with salad and they were tasty.  I wouldn't buy this again either though, bought when on offer, it's usually £3.50, then you have to buy the chicken and salad.   These are making my Gousto boxes good value really at £2.99 per portion for the box size I have, 4 meals for 4 people.  


Gousto have extended my offer link till then end of the day 70% off first box, 25% for 2 months


Looking forward to mine arriving this morning.  I'm also looking forward to another dry weather day, I'm tempted to try and start painting the decking because I think we had a completely dry day yesterday too!  If I do it in stages, I'm getting some exercise and the job gets done.  My back hurts anyway but I can't NOT do anything or it will just get worse.

Yeah, I'm only at work this morning so maybe I will have a go when I get back...  I want it done before we start enjoying bbq's and having the neighbours round in May for the bank holidays.

I've got some leftover chicken to use up so I'm thinking chicken toastie today and a gousto meal for dinner.  That's my food sorted, now for staying within a sensible calorie total intake - wish me luck :) 

Enjoy your day your way

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx   

No comments: