Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 14 September 2020

Thinking about what matters this Monday

Monday 14th September 2020
Be someone who makes you happy!


A much better day for mom yesterday thankfully, obviously not fantastic because she's not a well old lady but we can hope for good days, every day I wake up believing we can have a better day because once you stop doing that you give up.  She had an ice cream from the ice cream van - we haven't done that in a very, long time but she asked so I dashed out, Alfie helped me eat mine and made a right mess of me and the floor, it made her smile though and that's all that matters.  I'm realising more and more every day what really matters and it isn't the numbers on the scales that's for sure.  That's not to say eating healthy isn't important because being well matters.

I've got some fresh lasagne sheets I want to use up today, but all the beef mince is frozen, do I unfreeze it or do I make a chicken lasagne with the leftover chicken from yesterday, I've got butternut squash too that I'm thinking could be part of it.  Mmm, might get creative and spend an hour in the kitchen. 

The sun's shining, moms smiling, here's to today turning out better than I could imagine!  Positive thinking, it makes such a difference doesn't it.  This year has done it's best to get us all fretting and worrying and believing it's all gonna go to hell, so let's take back our power.

There's lots of things we can't change but there are so many things you can impact.  Start small, start with the little decisions, like 'What shall we have for dinner today?', you can move on to 'What shall I do with the rest of my life' eventually!  We all look for advise from overs, we look for answers outside but as I've said lots lately, how about you start being your own Guru, your own expert, you own coach, leader, believer!  Scary thought?  It shouldn't be, who knows you better than YOU?   

Who knows what works for you, what doesn't, who knows your secret desires, the things you'd do if you had no barriers, you know you, so start paying attention to those thoughts you have.  

If you have a decision to make, I have a fail safe way of doing this!  Yeah you know when you can't decided between A & B, because you don't think you know which you want, you do, you're just not paying attention to yourself!  What I do when I feel this way is, I toss a coin and before the coin lands, I already know which side I want that coin to land and you will too.  If it lands and you think, best of 3, it's because you wanted it to land the other side up.

This year has shown up how precious and delicate life can be and what's truly important to us.  Don't waste these learnings, don't end 2020 and start 2021 with the same desires as you did last year and not have done anything about it.  Have plans, have goals and work towards them.  Oh and goals don't have to be huge grand things, it might be spending more time with those you love.

One of the best quotes I've ever read  is, 'we don't pay for things with money, we pay for them with hours from our life we work to earn that money'.  Spend less where you can and you can work a little less is my mantra now, I'm 50 now and I don't want to have to work 60 hours a week like I have done for years,  I want to enjoy doing none work things - how about you?  What do you want?

Have a great day, eat well, move a little and try to get outside to take in some of this vitamin D today, make sure you're showing your skin, your arms so the D can do it's job. 

If you didn't already, watch my video from the weekend. 


Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: