Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 30 September 2020

3am again!

Wednesday 30th September 2020
Every morning you have a new opportunity to become a happier, healthier version of yourself. 

Well I've been up since 3am again, mom started making noises from 2.30ish and between her and the dog barking to go out, there was no chance of me going back to sleep!  


That doesn't look so pretty as yesterday's on my WW app, 
it's even in grey which isn't making me smile!  


On a positive, yesterday was the busiest day at Short Heath since I returned following lockdown, it was great to see new and returning members, some great losses, there's nothing quite as satisfying as seeing a member having their first weigh-in after joining and getting a cracking loss, they were thrilled! 

I'm planning on making a 'sort of' cottage pie today, hide lots of veggies in there too, get my healthy on, want to use up some of the fresh stuff in the fridge and the spuds that are sprouting!  I'll probably keep that for tomorrow when I've got my longest day, then I can have a fish finger crusty sarnie tonight when I get home (nom, nom), I've put a lot of thought into food getting up at stupid o'clock! 

I love this time of year, cooking stews, curries and all those other comforting meals!  Time to do some planning I think, I'm wanting sausage and mash, Yorkshire pudding with meat, veggies and gravy, pasta dishes, ooo and sage and onion stuffing, now here's an idea for using that, I do like the sound of this; 

Chicken Stuffing Bake

yield: 8
 
prep time: 10 MINUTES
 
cook time: 35 MINUTES
 
total time: 45 MINUTES

This Chicken Stuffing Bake recipe is a hassle-free 45 minute meal. With chicken, stuffing, broccoli and a few other simple ingredients - it's so comforting. 

Ingredients

  • 1 box stuffing mix
  • 1 1/2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 medium carrot, grated
  • 1.5 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup broccoli florets, steamed
  • 1/2 cup cheese, grated
  • salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. In a bowl, mix together the stuffing mix, shredded cooked chicken, diced onion, shredded carrot and steamed broccoli. Place combined into a greased baking dish. 
  3. In another bowl mix together the chicken broth and soup and pour over ingredients in the baking dish. 
  4. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. After cooking, gently mix contents and top with grated cheese. Bake another 15 minutes, uncovered this time. If you like crispy cheese on to, broil for 2 minutes as well. 
  5. Enjoy! 

Maybe not the lowest pointed meal but it could be tweaked with low fat cheese.  I'll add that to my shopping list for next week I think.  

Right, I'm off now, here's to making it through the day on 5 hours sleep, got a busy one too lol, see some of you later, I'm here from 5-6pm; 


Let's have a healthy day, it's forecast rain, but let's see a grey day as silver shall we. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: