Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 25 September 2020

3am is the new get up time - apparently!

Friday 25th September 2020
Do one thing every day that makes you happy


Pay day today, although thanks to Covid, they're not as nice as they used to be!  I'm so glad I managed to save some money this week, that'll definitely help with my monthly outgoings going forward (a few people have asked me how I did this, if you'd like to know how, drop me a line and I'll let ya know).  Anyways!  It's 3am an we're sat in the living room, mom was having nightmares so I've come down with her, to be fair, I'd been aware for almost an hour too, woke up to go to the loo and couldn't fall back to sleep! 

Yesterday was a busy day, cracking turnout from my lovely members, great to see so many signing up for my 13 weeks Christmas countdown - yep 13 weeks today is Christmas day! - that's scary ain't it but think of what we could achieve in that time, let's accept the challenge and also let's remember it isn't just about the numbers on the scales, it's about how we feel in ourselves and the energy we have to get through the day.  It's also about building up our immunity to fight Covid if it comes a calling at our door! 

I shared both laughter and tears yesterday with my members, the first lady I weighed yesterday was telling me about how Covid is still affecting her family, her husband had it during lockdown, he was in a coma for weeks, thankfully he pulled through, but even now it's having long term affects on him.  It's affecting his memory, he was going for an appointment for a check-up as it seems to have affected his short term memory.  She was positive though and said on the upside, he forgets when they've had an argument and she can always help herself from his wallet now ;) 

We all need to stay positive don't we and be there for each other, everything is easier with support that's for sure.  I don't know where I'd be without my incredible friends and my amazing members, I'm truly blessed.  

Got a very, busy day ahead of me, at least by being up now I can get started lol, I better not start sending messages yet though ay!  Oh but emails are okay to send?  Or maybe not as some people have notifications ping on their phones, maybe if I can schedule them to send later on or I'll do something else first and those later on. 

I like being busy, it takes my mind off food, although saying that, the last couple of days I've wanted to overload on carbs!  It's the change in the seasons, the weather dropping colder,  It's the old DNA, my inner cave woman is preparing for hibernation, loading up so that she'll make it through the winter months - well she needs to realise it ain't the stone age any more and I'll not starve this December! 

I need to get the protein back in my meals so I'm not hungry and I can tell my inner Flinstone, she ain't hungry and doesn't need to supersize every meal for the next month!

Great that it's that time of year for stews and curries though, ooo stew, I might have a mooch in my freezer and if I have some beef, I'll defrost it and make one this weekend.  I've got curry today, nom nom.  

The new WW cook book is out too, Batch Cooking, I like the sound of that, I sold out within hours (will order more) but you can order it online now to save waiting (I'll still get my commission as long as you use my code I7IA5I - they're capital I's not ones https://www.weightwatchersshop.co.uk/batch-cooking-cookbook, there's a sale on other stuff too right now. 

Anyway, moms happily snoozing by the side of me now, bless her, oh I did smile at how happy she was yesterday watching the workmen in the street digging the road up, their pipes are purple and well she's like a magpie to anything purple and kept saying, go and ask them if I can have some offcuts.  In the end I did and he said, 'no probs, I'll leave some on your drive'.  Well I expected a couple of small end pieces, what I got was this; 


  
Happy as a pig in muck she was!  Just what I wanted in my living room lol, but as long as it makes her smile, it's all good.  

Okay I'm off, here's to another good day, remember 13 weeks and counting, we got this, let's make the best of what's left of this year, let's predict our own future!

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx

No comments: