Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 12 September 2020

Saturday already!

Saturday 12th September 2020 
Remember most of our stress comes from the way we respond, not the way life is.


I've just had over 9 hours sleep! WHOOP WHOOP, you can't beat restorative rest and I've had plenty, we went to bed at half 7, mom showed willing and I was like hell yeah!  Hopefully that'll mean mom will have a good day now.  

Yesterday although mom didn't want her lady to visit, I did manage to get her in the car and we went for a drive for an hour which she enjoyed, just looking at the trees and fields, so at least that broke up her day.  I also has a drive - oh yeah I got out on my own for 40 minutes lol, I went to the butchers and had a meat party!  I went to get a treat for someone who deserves it because they've had quite the month, so whilst I was there I got me and my sister one too, steak all round tonight.  It was just nice to be out, stood in a shop which I haven't been doing and I don't remember the last time I stood in a butchers shop! 

You know your life's rock and roll when a trip to the butchers is the highlight of your day ;) but you know what, I don't want it any other way right now, I like this slower pace, if I can make moms last days relaxed and as comfortable as possible, I'm satisfied. 

My diet yesterday, depending how you look at it, was amazing from a taste sensation point of view, but from a 'weight loss' aspect, well let's just say pickled onion scratching for breakfast, black pudding pork pie for lunch and pork ribs for tea, probably isn't the balanced diet I should be aiming for on a daily basis.  Thankfully I won't be, it was a one off and because I'd given myself permission to eat what I wanted and I listened to my body, I only ended up eating some of the scratchings, the flavouring spoilt them, I had a quarter of the pork pie, I like the jelly the best, not so much the pastry and the 4 ribs I shared with Alfie, that was all I ate yesterday and it was plenty. 

Today, it's steak and chips, I'll add some mushrooms and peas for the veggie bit, I need some greens in my life today!  There's your balance, just over two days lol.  

I put a post on my page about who you'd have dinner with if you could invite 5 others (not family), loved reading the answers, but when I was asked about mine, it would always be Lynne and Vicky, then I was stuck, I have no desire to chat with famous folk or people from history, not to say I haven't ever thought, 'I'd love a conversation with....' before, just not at the moment, I decided the other three would be Gordon, Gino and Fred because I've loved watching their relationship and adventures on TV and I reckon the chat would be great and there would be lots of giggles, plus I'd expect Gordon to cook! 

Well I'm at Old Falling's United Reform church this morning, 9-10, hope to see lots of members, here's to a very, good day, focusing on the things we can control and not stressing about the things we can't. 

Mwah, luv ya x

Love me 




 

No comments: