Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 17 September 2020

It's a family affair.

Thursday 17th September 2020 
Don't Overthink Things 

Right you lot!  I'm okay if you're not worrying about the numbers on the scales, it's why I'm a Happy Owl - BUT - I'm not okay with you just 'not bothering', your health is so important, you truly matter and you should care enough about yourself to take care of yourself!  Consider yourself told off if you've been suffering from 'sod it' syndrome!

There's a difference between me cooking with chicken thighs instead of breasts because they taste so much more amazing and you stopping off at the Indian shop on your way home and buying 10 samosa's or picking up a huge slab of fruit and nut from the garage.  

I may not be great at losing weight but I eat mostly healthy food, I will fess up to a packet of pickled onion Monster Munch yesterday, but everything else I ate was good healthy grub. 

Let's focus on the healthy, especially with this Covid crap still out there and strong, I want you all to be safe and well.  

My number one tip is still and will always be - you can't eat what isn't there!  Don't buy it, I know this is easier said than done when you have others in the house (heck my moms a crap eating machine) but I try to only buy enough for her so then I'm less likely to eat her stash and I do my best to only buy stuff that I can resist easier, although there are so many packets of cheese and onion crisps in my house right now, maybe going forward I ask my sister to get the Aldi ones because she likes them and I don't.  

Now this was the highlight of my day yesterday, my sister and I put our heads together and we created gloriousness in a pan!  This is our new family secret recipe lol, we're so impressed we reckon we could sell it!  Today or tomorrow (depending how long it takes for the lamb to defrost, we're going to do the same with lamb, of course it'll be higher in Smart Points, but personally I'm focusing on healthy right now, if I eat this with cauliflower rice, that's balancing it out.  This was made with chicken thigh on the bone, I skinned them and trimmed the fat off so made them healthier, I reckon there was easily 5 good portions, they would be about 9SP per portion, when you compare that to a takeaway, it's so much lower and a hell of a lot healthier!   
These images make me smile, this is where I find so much happy, even better because it's a passion I share with my sister (she don't do crochet lol). 






I can't wait to taste it again today to see how the flavours have developed overnight, we all know curry is better the day after, just like a good stew - ooo stew, time to do one of them again soon.  I'm thinking I need to do a tikka chicken too. Oh then there's Tandoori, I've never mastered that at home, so sis that's our next challenge! 

Let's all agree to have a day where we prioritise our healthy and wellbeing, there's so much going on in the world working against us, let's be our own best friend right now.  I'll be at Bloxwich all day, looking forward to seeing some of you, I loved last night, catching up and having a natter with my girls and Dave ;) we had a good 15 minutes putting the world to rights (social distanced of course) as long as there's no more than 6 in the room, we're being extra careful because the church hall is a hell of a lot bigger than your living room.

Right I need to get ready to go to work!  Have a good one, mwah, take care of you because you matter too. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx



No comments: