Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 9 January 2020

And I'm feeling good....

Thursday 9th January 2020
Each day is a blank canvas, go and make some marks.




I'd forgot how hectic and tiring January is as a WW coach, well it has been 12 months since I had one!  Yesterday started as ludicrous as Tuesday when my car wouldn't start, I rushed round to do my paperwork from the night before, give Alfie a quick walk round the block, sort mom, I had to risk missing my stock delivery, hoping the note on my door would instruct him to put it up my alley way because I needed to take my car to be fixed. I got to the mechanics just after 9 as instructed and you couldn't make it up could you, he wasn't there and a chap waiting across the road informed me, wait for it - He'd broke down - so I rang him and he said he'd be an hour but his worker chap would be 15 minutes.  I decided to drive and try and get some cash in case I had to pay for a part etc, couldn't find anywhere, found a bank, the two outside weren't working, the one inside wouldn't accept my card (you couldn't make it up, or as my mate said when I was telling her, you just need Benny Hill music playing in the background.  Went back, lad couldn't leave the unit so I had to get a lift and that was how my day started - YAY, what should have took 20 minutes was an hour longer.  

Well I'm stressed by now ain't I and I have loads to do so what do I do first?  I decide to do a cooking demo 😂 because that's a priority (not!).  Find the video here https://www.facebook.com/WWBev/videos/452987658729863/
I'd got a fridge full of stuff that needed using before it walked out, I also had a couple of recipes I'd wanted to try out and to me it made sense to put the two together, I also find it better to do those videos completely unprepared like most of us are in real life when we want to cook and think we're too busy.  I knocked this lot together in half hour, oh and the washing up took me 15 minutes afterwards.  Here's the recipes;  


Kale and cheese egg breakfast muffins
Made 8 4SP - 2 for 1SP on ðŸ’™ðŸ’œor 2SP each on ðŸ’š
Ingredients
  • 8 eggs (14SP💚) (0SP💙💜)
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 100g kale (chopped small)
  • 125g Arla grated protein cheese (4SP💚💙💜) (or low fat / full fat cheese - adjust point accordingly).
  1. In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
  2. Add kale and cheddar to the eggs.
  3. Use a spoon and mix together the ingredients.
  4. Spray 8 muffin cases with spray light. I used WW silicon ones and they don't need spraying.  I also believe they cooked them better than normal ones!
  5. Divide mixture equally between the muffin cases.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes at 180C / Gas mark 4 

Note

Refrigerate leftover baked egg cups in an airtight container. They will keep for 2 to 3 days. To reheat place the kale and cheddar breakfast cup on a microwavable safe plate and heat for 30 seconds or until heated through.


Orzo with butternut squash, spinach and blue cheese
total dish 23SP

Feeds 4 - 6SP per portion ðŸ’šðŸ’™ðŸ’œ 
(If you can get wholewheat orzo, it would only be 2SP on ðŸ’œ)

Ingredients
250g cubed butternut squash 
Spray light
salt & black pepper
160g regular (14SP) or whole-wheat orzo (zero on purple)
100-150g shredded spinach
2 clove garlic, minced (you could use the rest of the bulb too and roast with the squash) 
55g St Agur blue cheese (9SP) crumbled

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 180˚C / gas mark 4. Spread chopped squash onto  a baking tray (I used a liner to save sticking) I also put some unpeeled garlic cloves on there too - I like garlic!  Bake until cooked about 30-40 minutes. (Apparently squash can be roasted up to 5 days ahead and kept refrigerated. Rewarm before serving. I've never tried this myself)

Spray light a frying pan and quickly fry garlic then remove from heat, put together with spinach in a large bowl. 

Cook the orzo according to packet instructions, test it a minute or so before they say, you don't want it soft. Put in colander, pour over half kettle of boiling water and drain well, then add hot orzo onto the spinach and stir in to wilt spinach.

Add butternut squash to the pasta, along with the cheese.  
Toss until well-combined and serve warm. It doesn't taste bad cold either to be honest. 

RECIPE NOTES
Make-ahead: Roast the squash whenever you have a spare moment and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Warm it in the microwave, a low oven, or in the skillet with the garlic before tossing with the pasta. Leftovers will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

There you go, a couple of meal ideas for you to try.

The rest of my day was equally as busy, Alfie was much better, I took him a good long walk and think I finally tired the little devil out.  Crazy busy night at workshops, then when I got home mom was lovely, I didn't want to go to bed because she was really lucid and we were having a laugh and a lovely night, I caved at 10ish and slept well until Alfie decided we should all wake up at half four, so today will include coffee for sure. 

I've just ate a huge bowl of watermelon, it's kept a good few days in the fridge, and I've had it since last Thursday when I bought it cheap, I'll buy again for sure especially now I've been advised to cut it up before I eat it so that I don't have to shower and redress afterwards, I know I'm like a toddler learning to live, what can I say - you should be inside my head, you've only got to watch that cooking demo video to get an idea of the speed of my thoughts by the speed of my mouth, as my bestie says, I have too many tabs open!

I did wake up this morning, go down stairs turn the radio on and start dancing though, so I think that says I'm in a good mood which is always a bonus.  Another bonus was my tracker yesterday, I ended on 27SP (check me out!) and I earned 13 FitPoints oh yeah I did, check my bad self!  My weeklies are a distant memory but I do have 22FitPoints remaining to help me make it through the weekend.  It's all about zero heroes today, got those kale and egg muffins for my breakfast, I'm going to have the Orzo for dinner, might take a piece of salmon out to have with it, then I have a some chicken breast left to fill me up at lunch time.  Yeah I got this, I'm full to the brim on watermelon right now, I can't even drink my cup of tea. 

Another crazy day ahead of me, the bloody car better start, I never told ya did I - there's nothing wrong with my car, so it has to be the battery and as I've only had it 50 weeks (yay to under the year), he's getting me a new one on Friday for free - whoop whoop. 

This is where I shall be for most of the day, thanks to my incredible sister I'm still able to work, if she didn't sit with mom it just wouldn't be possible when I got back from garage yesterday, all the doors were unlocked, the back door was actually open with the back gate unlocked, the front door was only pulled too - anyone could've come in and had a field day!  She can't be left anymore, it's heartbreaking to see this strong women be destroyed by this disease.  Moving on to happy again, looking forward to seeing my Bloxwich birds and boys, hoping for lots of new members like I've had in all the other workshops this week, MyWW is great!  There's a great sign up offer too, free goodie box, free month go check it out https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/



I survived another day and I sure as hell plan to survive this one because it's seriously better than the alternative!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx






No comments: