Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 25 July 2019

I'm a loser - AGAIN!

Thursday 25th July 2019
Trust yourself you know more than you think you do.

YAY, I lost a pound, was really chuffed with that as because of my ankle I've not been doing any exercise or walking this week at all, although having said that, even without 'going for a walk' I clocked up 19,000 steps yesterday, that's just doing day to day stuff, Alfie only got one walk too as it was too hot later on.  That's now a total of 10lb lost since May 1st and I'm really chuffed as I haven't seen  this number on a scale in a workshop in a very long time - a good couple of years I bet! 


I'm not being perfect but I'm being consistent, I'm not giving myself a hard time if I indulge in a bag of Walkers, I'm just trying better the next time, hence the including of WW products this last few days, they halve the points for me and I'm quite enjoying having a snack with my glass of wine.

Now every week after I've left my workshop I've considered a bacon sarnie from the cafe, I finally had one yesterday and now I'm cured I won't bother again, they don't do 'crispy' bacon so I might as well make my own, that cost me 12SP, but then the rest of the day was good, I had this for my lunch, 2SP for the WW protein cheese crackers, 1SP for 2 laughing cow extra light, 1SP for the salad dressing oh and I did eat 10 olives but out of a tub as I'd forgot to put them on the plate so that was another 1SP. 


I had a WW protein bar as a snack at workshop, they are good and they're filling too.   I like these crumbled in some 0% Greek yogurt as a desert, they'd be nice in ice cream too!  


Speaking of which, one of my members told me about this recipe last night, it's 3SP a serving and the recipe serves 4. 

Banana & peanut butter ice 'cream'

5 medium bananas, 4 cut into 3cm chunks & 1 sliced, to serve
100ml skimmed milk (1SP) 
2tablespoons smooth peanut butter (12SP) 
12teaspoons, level ground cinnamon

Cut 4 bananas into 3cm chunks and spread out on a baking tray. Freeze for 2-3 hours, or until solid.
Put the frozen bananas and 100ml skimmed milk in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, then blitz again until combined.
Transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze for 1 hour, then serve with extra sliced bananas.

I wasn't hungry when I got home but wanted something so mom and I sat in the garden for a bit and I enjoyed this bagel thin, it had prosciutto on and some St Agur cheese so set me back 13SP including the 2SP for the snacks, I do like the vinegar kick in these. 


Right here's to surviving another week, because it's sunshiny and that screams garden and white wine, plus I've had a move round in my garden and all the furniture is now by the back door so we can go outside to eat, or lie down and I'm hoping I can have a few friends round and sit out there, to chat and crochet.  It's just difficult with mom, if she's in the right mood it'll be amazing because she'll like it, if she isn't well...  The other thing that happens is if she isn't getting enough attention, she starts to sulk and that's just the worst thing ever. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my Bloxwich babes, I'm hoping they are going to still come despite it being school holidays, we've had some great 6 weeks holidays over the years, I remember having a row of kids sitting cross legged on the floor one year, I told them if they concentrated enough with their eyes closed, they would levitate!  They didn't, they weren't impressed, but as I said they weren't concentrating hard enough, it kept them quiet for a bit though.  I can't believe how I've watched so many grow up over the last 15 years (on the 5th December) seeing them for the first few years, then in the holidays - it's terrifying and amazing all at the same time.  I know my members think I don't like kids but I do really, I just don't like them making a noise when I'm trying to do my workshop lol.  

Right I'm really off now, it's time to get ready for work, let's enjoy what's going to be a crazy, hot day, see how many times you can STOP yourself from saying, 'Oh isn't it hot' let's stop stating the obvious ay ;) 

mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: