Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 10 July 2019

Going to face the scales!

Wednesday 10th July 2019
Mindset is everything.


Oh ma'an it's Wednesday morning and I'm going to get weighed!  I know it's a gain, I couldn't make last weeks because of Alfie and the vets, there's been 2 visits to the chip shop since and cake up a hill, I've not been 100% tracking so yeah it's not going to be pretty. 

I will however be okay with whatever it says and I'll be getting back on it, actually I did 100% track yesterday, my breakfast was delicious for 4SP, I made a pattie out of 2 Penn Road butchers sausages and dry fried an egg with 2 slices of Warburtons 400g bread, no spread.  It was delicious.  


My dinner was even lusher if that's even a word!  Chicken stuffed with St Agur, chorizo, black olives, rice, peas and sweetcorn.  It cost me a hefty 15SP but was so worth it.   


Then for my tea, I had a chicken salad, now I was just going to have the chicken and the leaves with beetroot for 1SP, but then I added the prosciutto for another 1SP, then I was wanting some more St Agur so I threw some of that on for another 4SP, so 6SP in total.

A great improvement on previous days, no snacking went on, oh I lie, I had the crust out the packet half hour later with a cheese triangle. That was another 2 or 3SP max.  Which means I spent 28 Smart Points on food, I'm happy with that, it's a massive improvement, I even swapped my wine for a couple of G&T's saving even more points.  

To counteract it, I went for another walk on my own, an hour, same route as yesterday and it doesn't matter what I categorise the exercise on my Fitbit as walk or hike they both earn me 16 Fit Points, I did an hour with Alfie later and that only earned me 5Fit Points because it knows we were slower, I'm loving my walking, I'd love to be able to go out every day on my own, who know's I may be able to, even if I don't do an hour, half hour would do, moms sleeping more so that helps.

I was thinking yesterday what changed in May that helped me start taking care of myself, the answer I came up with as I was walking was that I have lost the guilt, and by that I mean, the guilt for leaving mom on her own.  For the last few years, I've felt bad about leaving her and going and doing things as she's left alone enough.  I also didn't want to leave her because she's my mom, my best friend and we've always had such good times together that I didn't want to miss an opportunity for getting her in a good mood, a lucid moment.  I've realised though that by taking time out for me I have more patience and more time to give 100% to her when I am with her.  I was then asked last night by Mel why I was so 'in the zone' in May and I'm not now, what's changed?  Well the truth there is that was what I call the 'honeymoon period', anyone can 'diet' for a month, ANYONE, then you start to miss the foods you absolutely adore, for me it's the things I ate yesterday, St Agur, parma ham, olives, ooo I need sun-dried tomatoes in my life, this is when I have to start to work those foods in to my meals, it's not that I can't have them, I have to learn to have them in moderation, not eat half a pack of St Agur but 30g, not eat the entire can of olives or the full bowl of couscous, but a portion.

I need to start working on portion control, to do this I'll start by filling my plate with zero hero's.  I will enjoy my workshop this morning, then have a good day on track.  I'm proud of how well I'm doing with my activity, last week's results were

109,843
Steps Taken
551
Minutes
148 of 109
FitPoints


I've got to go Alfie is driving me insane!  He wants his walk bless him, my walk today might be me walking to my workshop, gonna look at the mileage in a bit.

Right I'm off, catch ya tomorrow, see some of you later, an amazing 8 stone was lost on my scales yesterday, I love that my members are cooking on gas right now! 

Luv ya, mwah

Love me xx 

No comments: