Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 2 May 2019

#MyMay

Thursday 2nd May 2019
Making yourself a priority once in a while isn't selfish, it's self care.


Yesterday I decided to make May about me, to make myself a priority, my exact words were "I'm going to make this May all about me and taking care of myself, looking for ways to improve my situation." And that's just what I plan to do. 

After a comment by a member in my Facebook group yesterday who said after her workshop on Tuesday night she'd decided she was going to do one thing for herself every day.  I thought, I like that idea a lot, I shall do the same myself! 

The first thing I did yesterday was going to a WW workshop as a member, I'm so glad I did, my coach, who's also my friend, knows and understands my circumstances so there's no 'getting to know me' period necessary.  She was great because she knows me, she knew the right things to say, the right amount of attention to give me.  I'm not going to lie though, I left that workshop crying, not because of anything she said to me, but because by listening to others and sitting there for half an hour to think about myself, my circumstances and my journey, it bought a lot of realisations to the forefront.  Emotional eating was the subject and as they made suggestions for coping, I found myself thinking, 'I can't do that', but at the same time, I know there are things I can do instead, I just have to think about it.  As a lady celebrated getting back to her goal, having lost 6 stone over 15 years ago, maintained until last year then regained a stone but shifted it again, I acknowledged to myself I'm back to my starting weight.  I'd maintained for 10 years, from my lightest weight (which I never want to be again can I add), I'm 5 stone heavier!  I don't want to lose 5 stone now, I do want to start by losing half a stone, that's my first goal to take me into the next stone bracket (with clothes on, they won't let me weigh naked like I have been doing on a Monday morning at home!)  I'd really like to lose 2 stone before my 50th birthday, actually I wouldn't really like it, I'd be absolutely over the moon by it.

Now Thursday is my busy day, so what one thing can I do for myself today?  It might be something as simple as making sure I cook 3 delicious meals, or take time out to walk Alfie and listening to my audio book.

I'll be thinking of things to do for the entire month, here's some ideas so far; 


  1. Write down 5 things your proud of 
  2. Go for a mindful walk and enjoy your surroundings. 
  3. Cut yourself some slack today.
  4. Get an early night.
  5. Cook a home made meal.
  6. Write a gratitude list of things you are grateful for. 
  7. Mediate.
  8. Listen to your favourite music and have a dance round the house. 
  9. Have a hot bath or a long shower.
  10. Call a friend and catch up.
  11. Sort your wardrobe out, declutter.
  12. Do some crafting 
  13. Wear your favourite clothes - don’t wait for a special occasion. 
  14. Treat yourself! Have your nails done, buy a candle, magazine, whatever.
  15. Bake something delicious (point it though)
  16. Stay in your PJs all day.
  17. Read for half hour.
  18. Write a letter to someone you love. 
  19. Turn your phone off. 
  20. Do something you don’t normally do.
  21. Go for a walk in the countryside.
  22. Try a new recipe.
  23. Slow down and chill out.
  24. Watch a movie or box set.
  25. Buy a self help book.
  26. Create a bucket list.
  27. Buy flowers or a nice plant.
  28. Create a vision board.
  29. Look at old photos. 
  30. Treat yourself to a cuppa in a coffee shop.
  31. Bake cookies for someone else. 
  32. Pretend to be a tourist in your own town and go do something they’d do.
  33. Sit and watch the sunrise or sunset.
  34. Indulge in your favourite treat (point it or hell for once don’t) 
  35. Do a random act of kindness.
  36. Buy 2 lotto / scratch cards and give 1 away. 
  37. Watch your favourite movie.
  38. Listen to your favourite album.
  39. Pamper yourself with a face mask.
  40. Share the MyMay challenge with someone else and they can feel good too. 
If you think of any ideas I can add to this list, let me know please, let's get as many ideas as we can to choose from and you can join me with #MyMay and prioritise yourself too. 

I survived day 1, I really want to see a weight loss when I go back to my workshop next Wednesday, this is what my day looked like; 




Breakfast, 3SP for the bread
 Lunch, 2SP for the coating on the chicken, it's the same as what's used in my honey sausage, but I prefer it in sausages. 


Dinner there was 13SP there, 2 for the coleslaw and 11 for the Beetroot and goats cheese risotto balls, they were nice but not worth the points and I want beetroot risotto not balls!  I'll be making my own this weekend that will be one of the things I do for myself.  Now to find a recipe! 

I ended on 27SP, I even tracked my milk in my tea and the tasters I had in the workshop last night, a point of chocolate and a point for a few of these new snacks. 

I also earned 11SP by walking, here's to May the 2nd being great.  Now I've just typed this blog twice because I pressed a button I shouldn't have and Blogger decided to let me view but not edit the blog, so now I'm 20 minutes later than usual.  hey ho, here's to a very great day and making myself a priority. 

Stay BeYOUtiful. 

'------'
(O,O)
/)__)

   ""


No comments: