Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 18 May 2019

How you doing?

Saturday 18th May 2019
Put yourself at the top of your to do list. 


Every day can be a fresh start, never forget that, just because it's the weekend doesn't mean we can say oh, I'll start again Monday, if like me Friday was higher in points than planned, draw a line right now and do your best with the points you have for the rest of the weekend.  I'm on -15 already and have 2 days to go before they reset, thankfully I've earned 51 FitPoints and plan to earn lots more before the weekends out! 

I'm glad I went over in a weird way because I had the munchies and ate nibbly stuff which reminded me, not to buy anything I don't plan on eating, I love those babybel lights but can't resist them, so that was 2SP spent, the WW fava beans again they've become a 2SP extra to my day oh and when mom started being stroppy about being hungry, I made her scotch pancakes and sweet freedom syrup and ended up having one myself, eating that told me they're not work wasting 4SP on, they weren't that tasty. 

Despite ending my day on 49SP, believe it or not that could've been so much worse, I resisted the welsh cakes (5SP) and walkers cheese and onion (4SP), all about the small wins.  I also went on a second walk I really wasn't in the mood for but Alfie wanted so that was FitPoints earned. 

I did get to relax though which was much needed, mom wasn't helping with the relaxation process yesterday which could've been a reason for my munchies.  Or actually I think it's more that I've been 'being good' for over a couple of weeks and as usual I gets a bit complacent because I've started to feel better in myself, I need to remind myself of my WHY, how I was feeling a few weeks ago, that'll keep me on track and focused.  

I've got an M&S chicken tikka masala for my dinner today which is high in SP so I need to work the rest of the day around that and find zero stuff because I really want it, I've been looking forward to it all week.  

Ooo I pointed and tweaked that Mornay recipe I found yesterday, it does sound like a must do, here it is; 

Cod, cauliflower and chorizo mornay
Feeds 4, 13SP per portion.

1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
100g chorizo, roughly chopped
25g low fat spread
3 tbsp plain flour
500ml skimmed milk
140g cathedral city light cheddar, grated
500g cod loin (or any white fish) chopped into large chunks
50g breadcrumbs
½ small pack parsley, finely chopped


Method

  • Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and blanch the cauliflower for 3-4 mins until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  • Heat a non-stick frying pan and cook the chorizo for a couple of mins to brown, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil behind. Melt the low fat spread in the pan, then add the flour to make a roux. Pour in the milk gradually, whisking constantly, until smooth. Add the cheese, stir until melted, then season.
  • Put the cauliflower in a baking dish (or divide between individual dishes) with the chorizo and cod. Spoon over the cheese sauce and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and parsley. Bake for 30-40 mins until the top is golden.
Right, that's me, I need to get myself ready for my workshop this morning, see some of you there, don't forget if you missed your regular workshop you're more than welcome to come visit and draw that line, or as it's open house, you can just come and enjoy checking us out - everyones welcome.

Here's to a very, great day, whatever life has to throw our way!  


No comments: