Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 10 May 2019

#MyMay is going my way

Friday 10th May 2019 
Baby steps are better than no steps at all.


Another day done and on track, loving my journal, it's making me think twice before having things, especially as I'm sharing it with everyone! 

I'm still using my app throughout the day to keep a running total and find the points out, I want my wins after all!  Then when I'd normally be sitting thinking 'what can I eat now' at night, instead I write my journal which in turn motivates me because it shows that I'm doing well and need to carry on. 

My meals yesterday looked like this; 


This zero meal fed both mom and me and had plenty of veggies towards my 5 a day, spring onion, mushroom, tomatoes, courgette, chives, orange pepper.  So simple to do and set me up for the day.


I left the frozen salmon marinading all morning as it defrosted, then threw it in the oven with veggies, and enjoyed it with some green beans and mushroom rice. 



Used the other half of the rice for my tea and for 9SP I enjoyed this meal, absolutely delicious if I do say so myself - chicken stuffed with Phili light, St Agur cheese & spring onions covered in breadcrumbs and roasted.  Nom Nom.

As it was Thursday night and I don't have to be anywhere this morning I enjoyed my extra glass of wine, some folk like chocolate, others crisps, me I like nothing better than sipping on a delicious glass of Beyerskloof Pinotage, what would I do if they ever stopped making it! 

Someone said to me yesterday, you're really on it ain't ya, yeah I am but can I add it's not coming naturally to me, it's not easy, I don't wake up in the morning thinking 'oooo I'm looking forward to eating & drinking less today!' My default setting is drunk and full, but I'm resisting that default because I want to feel more enthusiastic about living and that comes from eating better, having more energy, eating healthier and drinking less - yawn, it appears the experts are right after all! 

I have a full day of nothing planned ahead of me and no where to be (apart from my paperwork from my job which I haven't been able to get done since Weds, but that's okay) I've no massage, she forgot to book me in, so I'm thinking a mom day, we're gonna watch the premier film on Sky, Meg, can't be a good bad film, then I think she might enjoy I feel Pretty which I've been told is on Netflix I think but yeah we're gonna chill.  I'm going to make the muffins that they talked about in workshop last night; 

these 3 ingredients, 

1 5SP sachet with 1 egg & 1 banana 

Mix all together and bake in muffin tins, I'm hoping that mom will enjoy them too.  

Then I'm also going to make these 2 ingredient flatbread, 

2-ingredient flatbread
Serves 4, 3SP each 

100g White Self Raising Flour, plus extra for dusting
100g Fat Free Natural Yogurt

Instructions
  1. Combine the flour and yogurt in a bowl until the mixture comes together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface, gently knead for a couple of minutes, then divide into 4 even pieces.
  2. Roll out to a thickness of 5mm. Put a large, dry, nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Add the flatbreads and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until lightly golden and puffed up; you’ll need to do this in batches.
Notes
The flatbreads can be frozen tightly wrapped in clingfilm for up to 3 months.

Yep that's me ready for my day, you with me? 


No comments: