Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 8 May 2019

#MyMay weigh in day today!

Wednesday 8th May 2019
Don't trip over something behind you!  

What a difference a week makes!  Last Wednesday I was hoping I'd feel and behave differently in May than I had in April, I joined a workshop as a member (first weigh in this week!) and I still wasn't convinced I could turn things around.  

I have though, despite the headache that's persisted, I've had a good week, won't say great because I've used some of my FitPoints and a perfect week would be earning them but not using them, I have even tracked my milk and any tasters in workshops I've had, everything has been recorded, well 99% of everything. I am however feeling 100% better in myself, so much more in control and so very, very glad I decided to do #MyMay.  I wonder what those scales will say, as long as it's a loss it's all good.  I"m starting day3 of my journal, day 2 looked like this, 


 Zero breakfast, making sure I had some of my 5 a day in there, spring onions, mushrooms, orange pepper, tomato, spinach - notice different colours for different vitamins and minerals. The egg wrap idea is saving me so many points not using bread.




 I had a banana too, one piece of fruit in my day is good for me, going to make that a habit, as look how good they are for you, I'll start eating berries again too as they're even lower in calories (I know we work in Smart Points but....) they're also sweeter at this time of the year and cheaper! 


For lunch I had broghies with my Lidl salad, added the cucumber to it, but it's a bit plate of food, only 3SP total with the cracker breads. 


My dinner was determined by the leftover mash and sausage from the day before and the fact mom didn't want her Yorkshire pudding when I had mine Monday and I wasn't wasting it, I hadn't got room in the freezer where it should've been so left it in fridge and it was fine, this delicious plate of yumminess cost me 15SP and was worth it. 




I was proud to be able to share this new yesterday on my Facebook page, how incredible is this!  Especially as my members have also raised over £3k for our local Food Bank since October and I know lots of other coaches around the country are doing so much for their community, raising money for various charities - we are a good bunch if I do say so myself. 


Change can be scary can't it but I have to say we've had a shuffle in our areas as a company this week and I have a new manager, I've had lots of managers over the last 15 years and I'm embracing it.  I'm also over the moon to have coaches that I've worked with in the past back on the same area as I am, we're area 7 and I tell ya, we're going to be a force to be reckoned with we really are.  I got to talk to my new manager yesterday, we did a 'Zoom' call, which is basically a FaceTime with more than one person, saves leaving the house which is brilliant in this busy world, won't ever beat full on human contact in the same room but a good option, she seems lovely so here's to making the rest of the year the best of the year I say in both my work and personal life, I'll ignore the fact it's peeing it down outside! 

Regarding #MyMay, my one thing is definitely fitting in my workshop as a member this morning, I've also got to nip to the garage, a lights come on in my car, but we don't think it's anything to worry about, I have to go back every year I think because he forgets to reconnect something - good job I've known him nearly as long as I've had the car isn't it ;) 

If I've realised anything this week, it's the importance of ONE THING, when we're feeling completely overwhelmed by life or a situation or a challenge, just taking that first step and doing one thing to take you in the right direction makes such a massive difference, because then you follow it up with one more thing.  

The difference I feel this week is easily explained, in April if I'd looked out my front window and seen the weeds in my garden, I'd have sat there and thought 'oh I can't be bothered, they'll only grow back', this week I'm thinking, 'When I've got a spare half hour, I'll get out there and pull them up'.  If you've stopped being bothered to do the little things, you need to put the brakes on, acknowledge how you're feeling and do one thing to turn it around.  Oh and I know if you're feeling how I have been for the last few months, you're probably thinking, 'get stuffed Bev' and that's me being polite, or 'If only it was that easy you silly cow' or words to that effect!  I absolutely know it isn't that easy but hey, do that one thing just to prove me wrong, then do another one thing and before you know it, who knows, this time next week, you can have hate me for maybe being right!  After all no one likes a smart arse do they...

Oh I did partake in a delicious glass of wine last night before going to bed, partly because I'd managed to get in with the doctor and my blood pressure is absolutely fine which cheered me up and he thinks my head pain is most likely coming from my neck which is what I'd googled, he didn't use the name but Occipital Neuralgia which isn't connected to my Epilepsy so that's all I was bothered about, yeah pain sucks but it's bearable, having a fit again would completely change my life, I'd lose my license and therefore my job!  So we'll take a bad head, he said could've been caused by the bang to my head I had in the wool shop.  Having read some gumph online though, what could have aggravated it since by frequent lengthy periods of keeping the head in a downward and forward position - well my head is constantly in that position when I'm at the scales, so I'm going to higher my iPads more, will look odd maybe but we'll all get used to it.  I've also been looking down more with my crochet as been doing a really intricate pattern, so I'll put that to one side for a bit and stick to my squares which I don't have to look at so much.  I can do the intricate on less regularly.  I feel so much better knowing it's very unlikely to be anything serious. 

Anyway, I'm waffling on ain't I, that shows I'm feeling better as I've been struggling with what to write about the last month or so, thinking 'nothing happens in my life to talk about anymore', meh, that voice in my head has been turned down I'm glad to say, I may not be travelling to far flung places or doing anything super unusual, but my life is good enough for me and I'm finding the joy in the small things.  Now for breakfast before I go get weighed.

Here's to a wickedly wonderful WET Wednesday, enjoy your day, remember do ONE THING to start taking you in the right direction BeYOUtiful. 

xx 

No comments: