Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 16 May 2019

Celebrate the wins

Thursday 16th May 2019
Keep going, because you did not come this far, just to come this far.


Well I lost 1/2 pound, at the beginning of the week if I'd known it would be half pound, I would have been annoyed but my thinking has changed over the last few days, I'm in this for the long haul not the quick fix.  I heard a lady say to a little girl when I was shopping Monday, 'what you want, what you need and what you get are all very, different things'.  It made me smile but it's such a true statement, so re weigh in yesterday, I wanted my half stone, I needed to just make progress and I got a half pound weight loss confirming that I am.  because I changed my mindset before getting there, I was okay with my little half, I enjoy food and wine and I don't want to cut it out of my life too much, plus even if I lose 1/2 a pound a week, I'll still lose 2lb a month, which give's me my half stone by summer and my stone by autumn, I'll be on course for my personal goal weight for my 50th. 


Turns out sleep is the key for me, I did enjoy up eating more than I'd planned last night, what didn't help is instead of going to bed early, I stayed up later, partly because mom was making a nose so she'd have kept me awake anyway but mostly because I wanted to watch Grey's Anatomy and Station 19 back to back as they were crossover episodes, I'll regret that today I'm sure!   My Fitbit's telling me I've had 5rs 49 mins with 12 restless minutes, I had more restless than it says because mom woke me for the first time at 3, then 4 and from then I dozed and kept checking the time till I got up at 5.  Hey ho.  I've got all my meals planned for today so that should help and I'm going to make sure I'm hydrated because that helps too. 

Oh and you don't need the details but I've been to the loo which I needed to do before I got on the scales yesterday! Just saying!  So after my workshop, I decided this week to celebrate the small wins to keep me motivated, it's not just about the weight loss, they were last week, resisting walkers cheese and onion (although this week I've had a packet already!), leaving food on my plate that wasn't great, weeding the garden, resisting cake.  

I've made these promises to myself for the coming week

I will journal honestly & accurately each day. 

I won’t step on any bathroom scales to my workshop next week. (I made this mistake last week and I was a lot lighter Sunday and Monday than weigh day - it does nothing for your mental health so I'm staying off them).

I will continue to make myself a priority. 


I will drink 2 litres of water each day. 

Yesterday I made egg bites using some frozen peas and mushrooms, just pour over whisked eggs and bake, they're there to nibble on for zero points, I forgot to add a bit of salt and pepper though. 

My lunch was amazing, roasted butternut squash with Katsu chicken, so that's an uncle beans Katsu sauce it's 4SP a pot but I only ate half.  The chicken is a breast, I dipped in egg and then coated with 20g of breadcrumbs for 2SP, really tasty.


I've resisted these for a while but last night I just fancied one at the workshop - I'd say being tired tempted me here. 

This was my tea, a bit of this and that, I really enjoyed this too, babybel for 1SP, 2 broghies 1SP, cottage cheese with pineapple 3SP

I ended my day on 32 Smart Points which to say I had a bag of cheese and onion crisps, fave beans, wine and another baby bell, that ain't bad at all!  I earned 12 FitPoints and had 88 active minutes, did a bit of gardening and I've still got 19 weeklies left.

Today's message is keep going, one win at a time, my plan this week is to make a note of those wins, I'm looking forward to my planned day of delicious food, everything in my fridge is going to be enjoyed for sure, I'll eat it in use by order ;) 

Let's have a very great day, 12 hour work day for me, well more to be honest because I start from home as soon as I finish this blog and I'll get home tonight about 8ish, so yeah I need to keep my energy and water levels up - we can do this, we've come this far, let's agree to only tell ourselves things we want to come true.  Today, bad vibes don't go with my outfit, my outfit being whatever I can put my hands on that's clean and fits ;) 

Mwah, have a good one BeYOUtiful xx



No comments: